• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when cooler temps meant the anticipation of winter, and the assurance that a chance of snow was around the corner. Christmas time would roll around, cold temps, lattes, smores, outdoor campfires, and we knew we were in the arena of winter and all it's wonders would come to fruition. Turning on the TV and hearing Greg Fishel or Bob Debarbaladen introducing snow in the forecast brought our sleds, thick jackets, and layered socks out of hiding. Then, it would actually come to fruition. What fun we enjoyed, then we'd hope we would get another one before the crepe myrtles and dogwoods signaled the end.

Now, with the great technology and the ability to see forecast from the met perspective, we still have the anticipation and the hopes, but rarely does anything seem to happen now. Its a shame that we have this network to share our enthusiasm, and winter storms seem to be the thing of distant memories.

Ive learned to appreciate the summer and what it offers. Yes, Im drunk right now and Im crying because my season of sand, beach, palm trees, and mixed coctails are now fading.

While I'd love to go back and revisit our collective enjoyment of winter storms, if only for old time's sake, it simply isnt going to happen folks. :(

I remember when cooler temps meant the anticipation of winter, and the assurance that a chance of snow was around the corner. Christmas time would roll around, cold temps, lattes, smores, outdoor campfires, and we knew we were in the arena of winter and all it's wonders would come to fruition. Turning on the TV and hearing Greg Fishel or Bob Debarbaladen introducing snow in the forecast brought our sleds, thick jackets, and layered socks out of hiding. Then, it would actually come to fruition. What fun we enjoyed, then we'd hope we would get another one before the crepe myrtles and dogwoods signaled the end.

Now, with the great technology and the ability to see forecast from the met perspective, we still have the anticipation and the hopes, but rarely does anything seem to happen now. Its a shame that we have this network to share our enthusiasm, and winter storms seem to be the thing of distant memories.

Ive learned to appreciate the summer and what it offers. Yes, Im drunk right now and Im crying because my season of sand, beach, palm trees, and mixed coctails are now fading.

While I'd love to go back and revisit our collective enjoyment of winter storms, if only for old time's sake, it simply isnt going to happen folks. :(

I came to the realization 15 years ago I’d have to travel to see meaningful winter storms, never looked back. Pretty stoked as this upcoming winter I’m in a position to punch 3 along the east coast, which would be a personal record for a season.

I’m on my 5th year and that’s all I’m doin for undergrad ! Almost decided to do 5.5 and add a biochem major . Nope I’m leaving !
I did 19 years on the streets of Gastonia, the only education I needed! I’m a street wise Hercules! And a buffet wrecking machine!

@Shaggy Darn it !! Once again, I overcooked my filet. You’d think I’d learn. Nevertheless, still fantastic!

1663810120974.jpeg

Levi is going to have to do something with the sheer amount of people who use his modeling website now. I would not be opposed if he made a priority server for people who donate/support him.

So many people know how to "look at models" as forecasts now. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back