• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Raysweather winter forecast is out. 6” for Wilkesboro. And early start to winter before turning warmer. Could finish cold in March. Worth noting it’s fairly silly forecasting snow amounts as seen last year he can be off 20 to 30” in some cities should a severe winter storm hit.

Overall promising tho says more snow than the past 10 years but less than long term averages. Less than 3” here last winter so this is more than double snow amounts.

There is a little bit of difference between the NLCS last year and this year.

• Charlie Morton, braves only had two real starters last year
  • Home field advantage
  • The dodgers have had to play two more games, Scherzer just closed game five in San Francisco and is starting tonight
  • Clayton Kershaw and Muncy are injured
  • Max Fried is even better this season, especially later
That said, its still the dodgers, and just remember, these may be the last games we see Freddie Freeman in a Braves uniform.

That guy who lives in Dallas might need a time out and be confined here in whammy with bird man .. seems a little too trolly these days

Hate to break it to you Boynton, but commenting about weather model runs in a complex weather pattern and making observations about local weather in one's part of the South isn't trolling. This is a forum to discuss weather and weather-related topics in the South, after all.

You, on the other hand, are advocating for the censorship of others over some personal feelings you seem to harbor against them. I expected better of you Nick...?

Last edited:
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6005275001

Well who's fault is it then buddy? Those evil forks fault?

Not saying it applies to the specific guy featured in the story, but some people do have legitimate conditions that makes it hard for them to keep fat off. And I do think it's unfair for people to prejudge / marginalize them.

Not saying it applies to the specific guy featured in the story, but some people do have legitimate conditions that makes it hard for them to keep fat off. And I do think it's unfair for people to prejudge them.

Guy's 400lbs. That's not a thyroid issue, that's a "won't stop eating" issue. And you can't defy the laws of thermodynamics. Calories in vs Calories Out.

There is a little bit of difference between the NLCS last year and this year.

• Charlie Morton, braves only had two real starters last year
  • Home field advantage
  • The dodgers have had to play two more games, Scherzer just closed game five in San Francisco and is starting tonight
  • Clayton Kershaw and Muncy are injured
  • Max Fried is even better this season, especially later
That said, its still the dodgers, and just remember, these may be the last games we see Freddie Freeman in a Braves uniform.
Why do you think Freeman won't get another contract with the braves? If they had Soroka in the rotation I would say they go all the way. The dodgers are the toughest team in baseball so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Why do you think Freeman won't get another contract with the braves? If they had Soroka in the rotation I would say they go all the way. The dodgers are the toughest team in baseball so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

They have a number that they can't go past when it comes to payroll. I can only presume its in the 160-170 range for next season. I'm sure there is a 3/75-90 deal already on the table, but Freddie likely wants 5+ years, and this organization doesn't do long term deals with guys over 30. Guys like Dansby, Riley, Fried, etc will all get bigtime money after their arbitration years, the Braves can probably not afford to give Freddie 30 million dollars when he is 36 years old and expect to keep most of the pieces in place. Chipper took a series of 3 year deals toward the end of his career to help the Braves.

Last edited:
Florida staring at already their 3rd loss of the season. A 6-6 finish for the Gators? UGA is a near certain loss.

Back