• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

As long as nobody in NC gets snow this weekend I’ll be happy. Maybe it can hit Ga, SC, do a loop around NC and then pound everyone else up the NE.

You realize you have more snow than a lot of people in nc this year right? Smh you annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take my 3x climo and cash out now. Winner winner chicken dinner. Great winter for the Carolinas no matter what anyone says. Nice to see that not only can it still snow, but it can still snow in the mid/low 20’s. We’re good.
LOL, RDU is under 50% of climo. If it ended today, this is not a great winter. It is for upstate SC, but let’s not generalize for all of the Carolinas here…

LOL, RDU is under 50% of climo. If it ended today, this is not a great winter. It is for upstate SC, but let’s not generalize for all of the Carolinas here…
RDU Airport has not had 10" total in a winter since 2003-04. It's been a long time since we truly had a "great" winter where we significantly exceeded climo. We've often done better than other parts of the south, but we've had some frustrating periods too. Not even a flake fell during the 2019 calendar year, and 2020 and 2021 both had one marginal event and nothing else.

Last edited:
RDU has not had 10" total in a winter since 2003-04. It's been a long time since we truly had a "great" winter where we significantly exceeded climo
I think that is true for the R but not for the D in the equation. I definitely had a double digit winter my first year in the triangle(2018).

I think that is true for the R but not for the D in the equation. I definitely had a double digit winter my first year in the triangle(2018).
RDU airport is what I'm referring to. I think parts of Durham had over 12" in 2017-18. There's a pretty significant difference in snowfall totals depending on where in the Triangle you are. December 2018 had an extremely sharp gradient

RDU airport is what I'm referring to. I think parts of Durham had over 12" in 2017-18. There's a pretty significant difference in snowfall totals depending on where in the Triangle you are. December 2018 had an extremely sharp gradient
That’s very true. We ended up with a storm total of 11”. We were just a mile NW of Duke back then.

As long as nobody in NC gets snow this weekend I’ll be happy. Maybe it can hit Ga, SC, do a loop around NC and then pound everyone else up the NE.
Well, I for one hope SC and GA gets crushed, because that usually translates well up here. In reality all of us probably going to get rained on this weekend!

I'm telling you my replace word Idea will be gold for the forum see Below.

You can’t live in NC right now and look at these and think “this one looks over for us, rip, out to sea, not going to work” .. let’s remember were 5 days away and we are "Wiener" magnets inside 2 days .. scrumptious to say the least.

If I had a dollar for every winter brick got 9” in Raleigh and I got nothing I’d buy a snow machine that could blow snow at above freezing temperatures

Back