• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya i might be the only one here who loves summer lol
I like a lot of things about summer, I just don’t find the weather itself to be particularly interesting and thus don’t post much on weather forums about it. It’ll be nice to be able to do more outside, though, for sure.

I like a lot of things about summer, I just don’t find the weather itself to be particularly interesting and thus don’t post much on weather forums about it. It’ll be nice to be able to do more outside, though, for sure.
Me and fro and SD gonna carry the forum

A 1993 repeat would be the most painful way to end the winter possible here. If I was alive for that storm I would have been angry.
I was a senior that year. Woke up to Greg Fishel from Wral5 saying we could see severe weather begin at anytime during the day, and he seemed concerned of a tornado outbreak Triangle east. The skies looked the part too. The severe never materialized, at least in Alamance Co, where I was at. That evening, even though it was never stated that morning it would be possible, the temps dropped and the earlier mild rain turned into heavy snow falling. Completely caught me off guard, as a snow lover, I enjoyed every second. But the look that morning had that Kansas outbreak type of look. Dark, eerie, quiet, and the skies looked like severe was a guarantee. Havent seen that look since.

Heyyyy, you watch it! ? I no longer live in the rainhole that is Indian Trail. My new location tends do much better during summertime storms.
From what brad posted a week ago, UHI can actually effectively trigger storms, make sense as those localized areas can reach Convective temp quicker

From what brad posted a week ago, UHI can actually effectively trigger storms, make sense as those localized areas can reach Convective temp quicker

Yup. And elevation comes into play as well I think. I know I sit on top of a ridge and have watched storms form and explode at my new place before I moved in while Indian Trail was left high and dry.

y’all gotta stop talking about storms lol the storm deprivation is bad rn. What do I even have to hold me over til may

Crazy temp swings today. Went from a low of 30 to a high of 63 just before the line of showers. Then the temp. dropped 9 degrees in 15 minutes and we are now back down to 46. So a 33 degree temp rise through the day followed by an almost 20 degree temp drop after the front.

Reactions: SD
A 1993 repeat would be the most painful way to end the winter possible here. If I was alive for that storm I would have been angry.

I was here on the coast, It from SNOW/Flakes flying to warm & in the 70's with-in 10 miles.. Not counting the wind(s)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back