• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Gardening Thread

This variety is Robin, they're about 5' tall, planted em 3yrs ago from a 3gal container and mature height is about 12'

Are those hollies? I had a few Oakleaf hollies, called Oakland I think? Neat looking hollies!

Are those hollies? I had a few Oakleaf hollies, called Oakland I think? Neat looking hollies!
Thanks, yes , they were pretty shabby when I planted them, looked more like a sick bush but once it sent out upright new growth and pruning, they've come around.

At my house in Greenville
Oak leaf hydrangea‘Ruby slippers’ on either side of Redbud ‘ Ruby Falls’ front walkway0D416153-EF9B-4B36-9F8C-F55AE3438C75.png

Reactions: SD
Beautiful!
I don't believe that I've seen that kind of clematis before.
Is that lime green plant at the mailbox spirea?
It’s a ligustrum called ‘ sunshine’ . Tough as nails and stays bright yellow in full sun! Had it about three years, kind of new to the market! Looks like spirea, but it’s an evergreen! Great plant

Reactions: JJr
Blue spruce! Snow almost completely gone! Will be by the weekend, highs in the 50s next week9234CCB7-8633-4CE6-8FE3-17D0D090C317.jpeg

SD, on pruning your Knockouts. Assuming you are not in a low lying area subject to late frost, you could prune any day now. Roses can handle temps as low as 28 degrees for a couple of hours, its the frost that zaps the new growth. Wait until the last frost date has past to fertilize.
Good luck!

Reactions: SD
20210224_095333.jpg
Blue Spruce, I put 2 of these in these containers a couple years ago and are now root bound. They've thrived so far, do I repot to bigger containers or stick in the ground? These are hit and miss in my area, Mack?

Time too start cannabis now? or wait?
Tropical WET Varieties? ;)
OR, should I try Mushrooms..

Blue spruce! Snow almost completely gone! Will be by the weekend, highs in the 50s next week
Have you ever watched Ryan Knorr's Lawn Care channel on Youtube? He lives in Des Moines. His front yard is pure perennial ryegrass. It looks like Augusta National. He has loads of pictures of his lawn on his Instagram account.

Veggies. My German Johnson tomato plants have bloom clusters that fall off before a tomato forms on them. 3 straight years of this, all from different vendors. Dont know why.

Have you ever watched Ryan Knorr's Lawn Care channel on Youtube? He lives in Des Moines. His front yard is pure perennial ryegrass. It looks like Augusta National. He has loads of pictures of his lawn on his Instagram account.
I have not, but I will. That sounds awesome

Veggies. My German Johnson tomato plants have bloom clusters that fall off before a tomato forms on them. 3 straight years of this, all from different vendors. Dont know why.
Poor pollination, heat could be causing it too. Tomatoes are tough to grow well, have a lot of disease and pests and issues! High nighttime temps, like around 80, are really bad for a lot of things

Back