• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting this here because it will get lost in the Florence thread. Florence is projected to impact a lot of you that are active on this board. I am praying for you and hope that you have your plans set to go. For any of you who do not have a safe place to go, or do not have the monetary means for an extended stay hotel, my home in Atlanta is open to you. Just reach out. Good luck to all of you.
good on you... I'm also available if you need somewhere... IM me with serious inquiries only.. I have a large house, lots of space in Chattanooga.

80th win for the Bravos. Feeling it is destiny... Win one series against the Phils and we're for sure in. Colorado will give us the most trouble in the division series.. LA, I think we can beat, and also AZ. With a revamped playoff starting staff,I think we have a small chance to beat the Cubs or Milwaukee in the NLCS. Any team from the American league, Houston, Boston, Yankees, Oakland, all are favorites against the NL champ.

It's funny how The Weather Channel is focusing almost exclusively on Florence when there is a Tropical Storm about to hit Hawaii tomorrow.

They are all a bunch of a**holes. You can’t say anything over there without someone saying “read more post less” followed by JBurns or WeatherNC chiming in and threatening to ban you if you post again. That place is full of a bunch of has-been and “never was” meteorologists. Hot garbage
I'm mainly talking about the people hoping for landfalls and stuff like that, I might sound hypocritical because I hope for winter storms but there is a difference between wanting a few inches of snow and a freaking major hurricane to landfall somewhere.

I'm mainly talking about the people hoping for landfalls and stuff like that, I might sound hypocritical because I hope for winter storms but there is a difference between wanting a few inches of snow and a freaking major hurricane to landfall somewhere.
Exactly, that is why I don't want to see Severe weather as well

'down for maintenance'... over at Americanwx... lol Really, during a serious hurricane threat? Sounds more like the site crashed again.
I said the same thing. Why are they doing "maintenance" during this time? Its still down. It was down for the 0z Euro and 6z GFS run. That sucks.

Edit: now back up.

Last edited:
Eh, sometimes emergencies happen. I'm surprised we havent had to do an emergency fix yet... lol

Their userbase is massive over the entire USA etc. so more problems arise.

1BEB7E0A-4AB4-4BE3-AA8D-AA3B35303CBD.jpeg Hey guys and gals since I’m now retired and have all this time on my hand I was thinking about purchasing a home weather station. Do you guys have any recommendations . I was thinking around $150 to $200. Something like this

View attachment 6396 Hey guys and gals since I’m now retired and have all this time on my hand I was thinking about purchasing a home weather station. Do you guys have any recommendations . I was thinking around $150 to $200. Something like this
If you can swing it, I would recommend a Davis. I had a couple of accurite stations that kept on going out. Just my opinion but I think you can get a Davis 6250 for probably $350 or so. I’ve had mine for about 6 years with no problems.https://www.weathershack.com/product/davis-instruments-6250.html

Having a tasty Cookout burger & fries for lunch. :):)
So, Larry, now you've succeeded in creating a voracious food yearning ... albeit of a different variety ...
Given this invasion on the cerebrum's taste buds, and it being Friday, you've generated a Northwest Seafood and Publix trip to satisfy a yearning ... lemon boiled shrimp and Alfredo pasta with steamed broccoli and a margarita ...
Ya done good on this one!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back