• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know where to start...

I more or less told em that with that attitude the only forecast they gotta worry about is Darwin's because this bullsh*t is how people die.

How do meteorologists and forecasters handle this level of willful ignorance, especially when staring down storms like Florence? Doesn't this wear on you after years of this same attitude coming from folks?
8ee3a7a85678811e5217ffbbfa13d228.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So I'm genuinely terrified of Florence and I'm considering asking a family member in Ohio to buy me and my family bus tickets up there. I know the affects will not be as bad over here but I still don't want to experience potentially low end hurricane force winds and flooding rains.

So, is Avalanche gone?
Can I help you sir? If this is about my previous posts, you need to read it for what it is (like everyone else) instead of spinning it. Other than that, I like your posts, and regardless of how I may have viewed them, never suggested if you are ("gone, banned, etc.), and even liked some of your post after your insults. Civility. Have a great evening Brick. Hope you and your family are safe from the incoming storm.

Can I help you sir? If this is about my previous posts, you need to read it for what it is (like everyone else) instead of spinning it. Other than that, I like your posts, and regardless of how I may have viewed them, never suggested if you are ("gone, banned, etc.), and even liked some of your post after your insults. Civility. Have a great evening Brick. Hope you and your family are safe from the incoming storm.
I was just asking because a post earlier disappeared.

Man, I leave for work around 8:30 this morning, get back before 7 for dinner, open up these forums to catch up an hour later and I find out Florence has been goin' to town. Dang! She ain't screwin' around now, unfortunately she looks ready to kick ass and take names.

Talking about Florence so much I didn't know storms were coming tonight. This is why I wish everything was on one forum.

Just gonna put this out there, the other board has some borderline sociopathic people.
They are all a bunch of a**holes. You can’t say anything over there without someone saying “read more post less” followed by JBurns or WeatherNC chiming in and threatening to ban you if you post again. That place is full of a bunch of has-been and “never was” meteorologists. Hot garbage

I am posting this here because it will get lost in the Florence thread. Florence is projected to impact a lot of you that are active on this board. I am praying for you and hope that you have your plans set to go. For any of you who do not have a safe place to go, or do not have the monetary means for an extended stay hotel, my home in Atlanta is open to you. Just reach out. Good luck to all of you.

Last edited:
I am posting this here because it will get lost in the Florence thread. Florence is projected to impact a lot of you that are active on this board. I am praying for you and hope that you have your plans set to go. For any of you who do not have a safe place to go, or do not have the monetary means for an extended stay hotel, my home in Atlanta is open to you. Just reach out. Good luck to all of you.

Awesome stuff !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back