• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I randomly decided to dress like this for Halloween lol.
emo_58.jpg

Don't you think you would get tired of lake effect snow eventually ? Like Larry has said before, I think snow is more fun when you live in an area where snow is not as common.
Flip the coin ... heat and tropical in someone's back yard 7 months plus a year ... it all depends on where one finds a bit of peace to sleep ... o_O ... and then to wait for a change ... and wait ... and then wait ... and ... :eek:

Flip the coin ... heat and tropical in someone's back yard 7 months plus a year ... it all depends on where one finds a bit of peace to sleep ... o_O ... and then to wait for a change ... and wait ... and then wait ... and ... :eek:
I just want 3 months of each season. No more no less.

Since we're heading into November, I figure I'd do some reminiscing again.

Talking about winters that are epic in the southeast, even unbiased, I will most likely NEVER forget 13/14. That winter was absolutely nuts. I prefer a wet snow event because it makes everything look pretty, but everything that surrounded 1/28/14 was unreal, including the event. The traffic dumpster fire that happened because of the miss was incredible. I was shocked observing that online when I was in my dorm. I was in Rome at the time and it ended up eventually snowing at a good clip for at least 2 hours (started out as light snow), much more than I expected and instead of a "dusting", I'm pretty sure we had at least 3 inches of snow. It was in the high teens to low 20s the whole time which was the crazy part of it.

Then the ice storm in central Georgia where my parents ended up losing power for at least a week. They thankfully had a place to go and ended up relocating there for most of that week, but if a significant ice storm happens like that again, we don't have a place to relocate to now if the power is out for a very long time.

Don't you think you would get tired of lake effect snow eventually ? Like Larry has said before, I think snow is more fun when you live in an area where snow is not as common.
Out of all the places that regularly get lake effect snow Cleveland gets the least of it. I believe thier average snowfall is like 60-65 inches a year and just 30 minutes south is like 55 inches per year. You also get more warm ups and thawing out then places further north so the ground isn’t white from December-February most years.

Back-loaded winter, front-loaded winter..... I like my Winter's like I like my baked potatoes: fully loaded, all in, let's roll.

Btw can we censor the phrase "sun angle"? Thanks

Yep it all starts tomorrow on November 1st . The four month rollercoaster from hell !!!

Good idea on the phrase sun angle .

I’m changing everyone’s password to ground temps or snowpack to the north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's going on at the Weather Channel. I mostly watch it in the evening so I may have missed it. Is Carl Parker not on there anymore. Haven't seen him in awhile. Also it looks like Dr. Rick Knabb the Huricane expert has become their severe weather expert also. Knabb does a lot of routine day to day weather on TWC. Just curious.

What's going on at the Weather Channel. I mostly watch it in the evening so I may have missed it. Is Carl Parker not on there anymore. Haven't seen him in awhile. Also it looks like Dr. Rick Knabb the Huricane expert has become their severe weather expert also. Knabb does a lot of routine day to day weather on TWC. Just curious.
Parker is busy pushing his GW agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back