• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why some people think Nashville traffic is so bad. It is nothing and I mean nothing compared to San Diego and the west coast traffic. I’ve been through many rush hour traffic in Nashville and it is not that bad at all. Maybe you had a bad experience because of construction or an accident or something.
Nashville traffic is a cake walk to me

I have considered moving back to the south but it's ridiculous how expensive housing is in the south compared to the Midwest. People who say that the north is more expensive than the south have never been to the Midwest.

I have considered moving back to the south but it's ridiculous how expensive housing is in the south compared to the Midwest. People who say that the north is more expensive than the south have never been to the Midwest.

really, thats interesting

I dream of moving north often lol, if things ever go south here with my life in Dallas that's almost certainly my next move

Gotta love the double fantasy systems on the GFS.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_43.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_52.png

All of this traffic talk is making me none-too-excited about a wedding we are attending in Jacksonville on the 10th then heading to Orlando for a few days at Disney after.

Michigan is much more expensive vs down here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan is much more expensive vs down here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on what part of MI and what part of AL. Grand Rapids has much cheaper housing than Huntsville. I know there are a lot of other factors involved with cost of living.. Almost every one of these articles that comes out naming the cheapest states to live has Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio in the top 10. I doubt you will see any city in MI, IN, or OH that has an area that is as expensive as Nashville and Atlanta are.

I don’t know why anybody would want to live in Indiana!? Yes they get more snow than the SE, but they don’t get a ton in an avg winter. I wish I could put a house on the top of Mt Washington!

I don’t know why anybody would want to live in Indiana!? Yes they get more snow than the SE, but they don’t get a ton in an avg winter. I wish I could put a house on the top of Mt Washington!
One reason why people move to Indiana is cost of living. Fort Wayne was named the most affordable city in America recently. Cost of living is a bigger factor for people to move than weather. Nobody moves to Indiana for the weather. And btw, parts of Northern Indiana do get a lot of snow. I think South Bend averages 80" or more.

Northeast Ohio is pretty cheap. If I ever do end up moving it will likely be somewhere in northern Ohio.

Northeast Ohio is pretty cheap. If I ever do end up moving it will likely be somewhere in northern Ohio.
Too much snow for me lol. I assume you mean the Cleveland area. Cleveland's snowiest winter was 2004-05 when they had 118" of snow. But i'm sure areas to the northeast of Cleveland had even more than that.

Whatever the two counties that are in NE Ohio, that get slammed by LES events, would be the place to live

Whatever the two counties that are in NE Ohio, that get slammed by LES events, would be the place to live
Don't you think you would get tired of lake effect snow eventually ? Like Larry has said before, I think snow is more fun when you live in an area where snow is not as common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back