• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be nice to be a Boston sports fan, between all those Super Bowl wins by the Pats and multiple World Series wins. :(
Assuming the Red Sox win this series, that will be 37 total championships between the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins. Atlanta has a grand total of ONE

I was down that way this year and will probably be again in a little over three weeks and it slowed down in the area but I don't know that it was too terrible (my dad had already been driving for a while though so I might have been numb to being in the car).

Jacksonville on the other hand a couple years ago was terrible. Traffic was basically stopped for at least a couple miles. To top things off we were going to St. Augustine and we didn't even need to drive into there. Dad was not amused when he figured that out.

Edit: Nothing is ever going to take the cake of the time in which a crash on I-75 when I was on the way home from Lafayette caused a major delay for us. It was a traffic jam about 10 minutes after we got on to I-75 and we were not sure when it was going to end, and we probably spent 2 hours going maybe 30 miles and ended up eating lunch just outside of Atlanta. Another good one is the times in which there was lane closures on I-20 for construction, these out in the freaking country, and while these signs were well in advance, you'd get there and BOOM, traffic jam. There was a time or two in which my dad's temper was about to blow over that.

Last edited:
I’m convinced Atlanta has the worst traffic in America. It’s like they didn’t start to upgrade their highway infrastructure until it was too late. Population grew but roads were never upgraded. Poor city management imo. Greenville will see a similar fate (on a smaller scale) if things continue

I’m convinced Atlanta has the worst traffic in America. It’s like they didn’t start to upgrade their highway infrastructure until it was too late. Population grew but roads were never upgraded. Poor city management imo. Greenville will see a similar fate (on a smaller scale) if things continue
Well they certainly aren't learning very fast. There is a large growth of population around here and the highways are becoming filled with cars constantly. Used to be nearly dead on the highway in the evenings up here but its constant traffic now. They have plans to build another exit up along 400 and widen the highway but it'll take 4 or so years and they haven't started yet. And this is way up here. It only gets worse as you get down into the city.

Atlanta and the suburbs are the worst traffic ever!!!! I live in the suburbs and it takes me 45 min in the am to go 11 miles down a STATE ROUTE....and on the way home its about an hour to an hour and 15 min to get home....I can't wait to move just to get away from the traffic!!! The nonstop construction is insane as well. I pity anyone that drives from the outer metro counties to Atlanta!

Have you ever experienced Nashville traffic ? Truly horrible.
I don’t understand why some people think Nashville traffic is so bad. It is nothing and I mean nothing compared to San Diego and the west coast traffic. I’ve been through many rush hour traffic in Nashville and it is not that bad at all. Maybe you had a bad experience because of construction or an accident or something.

Well they certainly aren't learning very fast. There is a large growth of population around here and the highways are becoming filled with cars constantly. Used to be nearly dead on the highway in the evenings up here but its constant traffic now. They have plans to build another exit up along 400 and widen the highway but it'll take 4 or so years and they haven't started yet. And this is way up here. It only gets worse as you get down into the city.
Traffic really growing here, been here 18 years and the growth is getting to be too much.

I hear North Dakota and Montana has no traffic, wish people started moving north and west again, what can I say... everyone wants to be in the SEC. I don’t blame them, great weather, cost of living is low and living on the ETS is a plus, plus the ladies in the SE are not bad to look at.

I don’t understand why some people think Nashville traffic is so bad. It is nothing and I mean nothing compared to San Diego and the west coast traffic. I’ve been through many rush hour traffic in Nashville and it is not that bad at all. Maybe you had a bad experience because of construction or an accident or something.
Every time I go to Nashville I get stuck in traffic in which at some point I have to come to a complete stop. If I have to come to a complete stop on the interstate then that's bad traffic IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back