• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m teaching my 11 yo son the finer music in life like: AC/DC, Van Halen, SRV, Pantera, Metallica, GnR, Rage Against The Machine, Early Beastie Boys, Run DMC, and NWA! He’s starting to get it!

Stryper, Winger? LOL ;)

I can't wait to see the new Halloween movie. A majority of the reviews have been great. It's sitting at 85% on Rotten Tomatoes. I know it's not going to surpass the original, but it looks to be just as good.

If anyone is looking for a quality weather station that won't break the bank I just got a Ambient Weather 2902-A station for $169 with Amazon Prime.... got it all setup yesterday and it's working flawlessly. It even records UV and solar radiation as well as all the other important data points and is solar powered. My biggest concern was direct sunlight affecting temperature but this sucker has the temp sensor sheltered very well and also aspirates. Today it was under direct sunlight for a bit and it didn't affect the temperature at all so definitely very happy!! All the other stations I have ever owned always had temp reading problems in direct sunlight.

Setup was very easy and I got it mounted about 30' off the ground on a 2" pole. Wireless connection to wunderground, ambient weather and weather bug for reporting as well. They offered other websites too but never heard of them so just stuck with the main ones I am aware of.

Anyone else catch the new TV show Manifest? I liked the pilot. Reminds me a bit of the show Lost.

Bit of a funny story that happened today. I have a job interview tomorrow at a place downtown, so because parking looked questionable on the map to us, while it is an area that isn't hard to find, my dad said we can go look for it on foot from a parking deck and time how long it took to walk there after my mom's hair appointment. I didn't think it was going to storm in the afternoon, so I decided to put on sandals that have flimsy straps. Needless to say, as my mom's appointment wrapped up, we started to hear thunder, and looking towards downtown, it looked very ominous.

As we headed towards downtown, the skies opened up, and there was some big time lightning that almost made me say no to walking outside. The lightning and thunder did let up some though, so I decided to get out, and it was still raining at a good clip, and we got into some good puddles, and my right sandal strap gave out. So I was starting to limp due to it because I was afraid of injuring myself and my dad started to tell me "Take that sandal off".

Eventually I did, so guess who was walking downtown with 1 shoe on this afternoon...me. We even figured out that there actually was a parking deck there, so us walking out in the rain wasn't necessary.

We get it, it’s going to be hot forever it seems. Not going to make it.

Only hope is by mid October our avg low is 50F so even with +10F departures it should feel a little better.

4AD739BE-428A-4C1F-8A52-0EFA29AF779E.png

Mowed the lawn and poisoned about 50 fire ant hills this afternoon. Just another summer day

Well, Nashville got below 60, bottomed out at 54 last night/this morning, but it's going to be back to almost 90 next week. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back