• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed...this past storm we had did me in over there. I have been on American since '10 and was on Eastern a couple of years before. This was really the first year where I got extremely annoyed on American with the weenies, the whining and "pissing" contests. I mean, they came out of the woodwork. I then started noticing some people not posting. Brick, dsaur, GaWx, pcbjr etc. And wondered where everyone went. I'm not a major poster. Obs and banter mainly, so I never really interacted with many people. I've been on here almost a week and so far I like what's on here. Seems like a good place and look forward to many more exciting weather events with everyone.
Welcome aboard!
Best!
Phil

Birds are actin' cray cray! Tons of black birds in my trees and a bird IN my house!! I'm about to crack! Living in a horrible old house while our house is being built ( havnt even started). Cant believe we move here and have the coldest dryest weather in a long time! Air pouring in so hard it will put a flame out, dogs shivering, sleeping in UGGS, constantly buying propane, pond frozen for days and chicken water hopeless. BUTTTTT... I still want snow, sleet or light ice!! Winter mental illness it is..Watching ya'll watch models and crocheting scarves and blankets are the only things keeping me sane. Tiny litte violins.. I know I know. Im loosin it

After everybody's 2nd least favorite winter regime of cold and dry, we now take you to the #1 least favorite period during the heart of winter, warm up and rain. We are the SE, this is who we are.

Mods over there are awful. They act like they are running a country. Its a freaking message board.
I never had any issues with the mods. Of course, I don't post much. They were pretty stern and that's probably the reason why I didn't post much. I'm sure it's hard finding that perfect balance when being a moderator on a message board.

I never had any issues with the mods. Of course, I don't post much. They were pretty stern and that's probably the reason why I didn't post much. I'm sure it's hard finding that perfect balance when being a moderator on a message board.

This is what we are currently dealing with now. The balance between being too modhappy, and too little.

Still cant believe how much cold air was just wasted. Ofc its supposed to rain this week now that its over.
It was too dry, storm tracks were suppressed, any moisture that could get going evaporated. Makes sense as the cold begins to relax, we will be seeing more moisture around and getting more into our marginal temps & tracking shortwaves coming through the Southern stream.

Honestly, CAE does better with that kind of setup, and not too cold.

Lets see if Cam's QBR can eclipse 1.0 today.
panthers.png

Folks,
Looking for something substantive to post, but it seems that we may be headed into a period of relaxation after about next Wednesday. But, if something pops, I'd just like to say that since my son has now left to head back to Japan, if there is a reason, I'll be all over it, like a
Curmudgeon ...
But unless and until, from IMBY ...
Best,
Phil

Just a note that this is Tarheelwx. I've been Tarheelwx since most everyone was on the Wright board, then Eastern US, then American weather (both before and after the creation of subforums), and now I'm here. This is from back when Huff and Jeb were thrown into the same forums and threads with us. Live in Colfax, NC between Winston and GSO and in a pretty good CAD location. Not into banter or nonsense in regular threads. Appreciate mature input from the pros and the enthusiasts alike, but don't appreciate the nonsense. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Just a note that this is Tarheelwx. I've been Tarheelwx since most everyone was on the Wright board, then Eastern US, then American weather (both before and after the creation of subforums), and now I'm here. This is from back when Huff and Jeb were thrown into the same forums and threads with us. Live in Colfax, NC between Winston and GSO and in a pretty good CAD location. Not into banter or nonsense in regular threads. Appreciate mature input from the pros and the enthusiasts alike, but don't appreciate the nonsense. Just wanted to set the record straight.
I have no problems, just was wondering why i was seeing 3 of you in here. Carry on

Dang the 12z euro tries to strand me in Chicago from heavy snow next Saturday:eek::weenie:
I been stranded in a airport because of snow. Not fun!!!
Slept with my hands on my wallet. In the Milwaukee, Wisconsin airport. Couldn’t get a hotel because they waited to late to cancel my flight.

It really sucked!!! But the foot of snow was pretty.

Panthers are suckin badly , as per usual! :(

Carolina will likely have their season end today. Saints haven't even gotten started yet, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back