• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or I’m realistic and worried about individuals other than my pockets that will be just fine 3-6 months after this is over.
Well good for you! I’m glad you have the resources to lose 6 months of income and still be just fine! You do realize that 80% of Americans can’t go that long without income, right? Talk about selfishness. You’re the epitome of it.

Yes, when someone recovers they don't deduct that number from the total number of cases.

You guys just misunderstood what I said. No problem, I'llexplain. What I was saying was people who already had the virus and recovered but were never tested because there were not enough test or more likely they were asymptomatic. They are not figured into cfr. Could be a large unknown number of people. We just don't know.

Agree totally. Why not start a 'Coronavirus: Opinions' thread? That thread can house the back forth bickering about who is right or wrong based on political stance/age/education/time "studying this vrius"/death rate vs economic impact stuff.

While this thread can contain posts(not discussion) about virus data/govt reaction(not whether it's right or wrong)/where you can find supplies or food.

Feel free to discuss. But do so knowing I'm right and everyone else is wrong(unless you agree with me and then you get to be right too).

Sarcasm in the last paragraph intended.
I will run this through the staff. I would be ok with it but to me a thread like that would be enter and post at your own risk with limited moderation

You guys just misunderstood what I said. No problem, I'llexplain. What I was saying was people who already had the virus and recovered but were never tested because there were not enough test or more likely they were asymptomatic. They are not figured into cfr. Could be a large unknown number of people. We just don't know.
I didnt misunderstand anything, I simply answered another posters question...

Yeah, the CFR is the total number of all deaths divided by the number of total infected (×100).
That is incorrect. It is the total number of deaths divided by the total number of reported cases x 100. Infection number is unknown but likely far higher than cases. Cases are near meaningless as a metric to measure deadliness of the virus.

That is incorrect. It is the total number of deaths divided by the total number of reported cases x 100. Infection number is unknown but likely far higher than cases. Cases are near meaningless as a metric to measure deadliness of the virus.
When I said infected, I meant known infections, as in reported cases. It would make no sense to include an unknown variable into the equation.

They might be taking more freedom now than when 9/11 happend
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2Farticles%2F2020-03-27%2Frhode-island-police-to-hunt-down-new-yorkers-seeking-refuge

Could also have a thread where people insult and be mean to each other. Corona Bitter

Can I start it? I have A LOT of new and interesting insults. I’ve made grown men cry with insults. I’m not proud of that fact. Who in the hell am I kidding. Of course I’m proud of that fact. Who wouldn’t be? Yeah, I’m that guy. The class clown and resident snarky a-hole whose sarcasm knows no bounds. I have the mind and sense of humor of a fifteen year old.

Its going to be 80-92 across the region, people need to get outside and drink it in man. I think a little sun and fresh air might do folks some good
Just came back from a walk. It is getting that summer mugginess feel. But Columbia SC is usually worst for heat and humidity. But still nice to get out and see that mother nature is still doing her thing

A closed environment with a good representation of the general population where everyone is tested and monitored would give you a good estimate of mortality rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back