Downeastnc
Member
No its gonna get hammered in the north GOM...Question- Is the shear gone now?
No its gonna get hammered in the north GOM...Question- Is the shear gone now?
So, we want it to move faster?It’s not gone but it’s not as strong as it could be if the system slowed down because of the window of time it has a chance to strengthen before landfall on Saturday
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, we want it to move faster?
With Gameday scheduled to be in town for the morning and the all-day tailgating, I wonder if a morning/afternoon only impact forecast would still cause the game to get postponed.If the 18Z GFS were to verify, Tuscaloosa would be in for a whipping but mainly during the afternoon. By gametime, the storm is already passed Tusc. Interesting.
Poor thing would have been Hazel in 1954
With Gameday scheduled to be in town for the morning and the all-day tailgating, I wonder if a morning/afternoon only impact forecast would still cause the game to get postponed.
Who cares what the weather is like in the evening during game time ? If the damage is done early in the day, then that's enough to move the game. Don't wanna have a game when there's trees down everywhere and widespread power outages.Yeah I actually think it might clear out for the evening. That's the trend today
awesome!graphics test
View attachment 198509
There is no reason at this point to think that game isn’t being canceled or postponed. There would have to be a major shift.From James Spann concerning the Bama / Georgia game:
FOOTBALL WEATHER: Concerning the Bama/Georgia game Saturday night...
*Right off the bat, it is a challenging combination. A top 10 battle in prime time, ESPN College Game Day in down, a visit from the U.S. President, and an approaching hurricane.
*The day Saturday in Tuscaloosa will be windy and wet. Lots of rain, winds gusting to 30/40 mph.
*Greatest concern will be the possibility of a few isolated tornadoes. Tropical tornadoes are typically low topped, short lived, literally under the radar, and dangerous in that providing warnings isn't easy.
*Best possible case for the game... the rain ends around 6pm as the tropical low lifts northward, and the rest of the night will be dry as a slot of dry air works in from the southwest. This is a possibility.
*Worst case... a slower moving tropical low to the west brings soaking rain, wind gusts to 35/40 mph, and the risk of a tornado.
Understand the tropical depression is still disorganized tonight. We need a good low level center so models can initialize the system. That should happen tomorrow. We also have dropsonde data gathered being gathered tonight that will be used in future model runs.
Bottom line... there is a good bit of uncertainty in the forecast tonight, but in 24 hours or so confidence levels will be much higher.
UA Athletics and the SEC are monitoring the weather situation closely.
There is no reason at this point to think that game isn’t being canceled or postponed. There would have to be a major shift.

Next to no cone movement on the 11 PM advisory, so NHC isn't making any real changes yet. Will see how the ENS cluster in the overnight runs most likely and if they stay East of the track they have.
There is no reason at this point to think that game isn’t being canceled or postponed. There would have to be a major shift.
Typically how more east could we expect it to move? We have a condo in Orange Beach and I am a nervous wreck! Sally was financially crippling to our HOA and I don’t want to go through that again especially this soon!!
Looks good.graphics test
View attachment 198509
I imagine we will see some movement over the next 24 hours while the actual current center gets nailed down. My hunch is maybe it will tick east a bit still. By tomorrow night we will be inside 48 hours til landfall and should have a really good idea.Typically how more east could we expect it to move? We have a condo in Orange Beach and I am a nervous wreck! Sally was financially crippling to our HOA and I don’t want to go through that again especially this soon!!
Thanks! I hope you are correct! I wish it would just weaken to a TS like they were initially saying it would be.I imagine we will see some movement over the next 24 hours while the actual current center gets nailed down. My hunch is maybe it will tick east a bit still. By tomorrow night we will be inside 48 hours til landfall and should have a really good idea.
I also personally don’t know if that NW bend inland will be as sharp as currently modeled. Feel like there’s been some recent storms that were supposed to move NW after landfall and ended up moving due north/northeast due to jet interaction. Helene comes to mind (not saying this will be anything like Helene)
Your best bet in Orange Beach may be to see this thing go far enough east where you get on the left side of the circulation and avoid the worst of the surge/winds. That feels plausible to me. I really hope everything works out and you avoid any damage![]()