• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Work from home

100% work from home as I work for an enterprise software company out of California. My closest office I think is in DC (never been there). I have not been in an office regularly since 2019 ish. I enjoy it, but it can be a bit bland. There are often weeks where I honestly do not leave the house for anything else other than groceries and to go fishing on the weekend. My wife works at a college and is in office Mon-Fri and by the weekend she wants to just hang around the house while I'm ready to get out and do something.

Been 100% remote since 2021 working for a tech startup based out of San Francisco. The closest office is NYC which I haven't been to. I love WFH but I definitely notice I can be a bit antsy for when my partner gets home. I've found I have to be more purposeful about planning to get out and see friends because otherwise I'm not getting a normal amount of social interaction.

Ive worked from home since 2021 too, my job is tech support but its all outbound calls done by appointment. I work 8-5P and I hav6 appointment blocks a day

1. 830-930
2. 10-11

3. 12-1
4. 130-230
5. 245-345
6. 4-5P

Rarely does it take the entire hour block. Life could be worse, I mostly just do house chores or play video games or my school work for my degree. I have noticed weight gain and social isolation as well. But my wife is here daily too at some point as she only works PRN doing Ultrasounds

I’m a project manager for an engineering firm and spend about 75% of my time on office work and 25% on jobsites. We were given the option at the beginning of the pandemic to work from home. I chose to do so for a few months, while most chose to stay at the office. I returned to the office around June 2021 and have predominantly worked from the office since.

I carry a laptop to and from work, with monitors I hook into at the office and an extra monitor at home as well, so I can still work from home when I choose to due to a busy schedule in the field, bad weather, etc.

I don’t feel that working from home has much impact on my productivity, but getting on to the work servers can be a bit laggy when doing so from home. I also communicate a good bit with my manager about issues in the field, so that is a little easier to do in the office rather than over the phone or via email.

I’ve worked 5-7 days a week my whole life! Guess when you are in the manual labor markets and do non - degree required stuff, they really don’t care about employees safety! Luckily or un luckily, I was never given off one day for Covid safety, through the whole thing! 🥲

I've been working from home since Covid started. Rumor and hearsay in my company they wanted everyone to come back into the office end of 2022 but some reason held off. I was told they were scared too many people would jump ship and find other employment. End of 2023 they implemented a new remote work policy we had to sign off on. One of the new rules I thought was funny was you had to turn your camera on during video conferences/meetings.

We did work from home for a couple of months at peak Covid but being in construction it could never last. Someone has to be on-site but as a PM I could be more hybrid. I probably spend 2/3 of my time in the field and the rest at the office. I’ve been here for almost two decades so I can work from home if needed but it’s hard to do in this line of work.

Back