• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Work from home

KyloG

2024 Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious. Are people still primarily working from home? I was 3 days work from home but they moved it back to 2. It sucks really. I personally much more effective at home but don’t mind going in a couple of days a week. I think my company is looking for reasons to bring everyone back though. I would look to change jobs if they went back to 4-5 days in the office.

A friend has shared this WRAL News article with you.

https://wr.al/1RNtd

I work for the Hawks in Atlanta. We’re 3 days in the office and then 2 from home. Usually ends up being Monday-Wednesday in the office. Then we obviously have games/concerts that we have to attend.

Kinda crazy that pre Covid I use to do 5 days in the office and commute down every day. That would be so brutal now but back then I didn’t think twice about it. Funny how things change

I work for the Hawks in Atlanta. We’re 3 days in the office and then 2 from home. Usually ends up being Monday-Wednesday in the office. Then we obviously have games/concerts that we have to attend.

Kinda crazy that pre Covid I use to do 5 days in the office and commute down every day. That would be so brutal now but back then I didn’t think twice about it. Funny how things change
Is it true they discount tickets at the box office after the games start?

I was working for a tech company here in Raleigh early last year, and they were just about to implement a 3 day in the office/week policy. Fortunately, I changed jobs and now work fully remote for a company based in Chicago.

It's amazing how the mindset has changed about this. Covid screwed the world up in so many ways. And it's still screwing us. Don't get me wrong though...I like WFH. But I can't imagine it stays like this for a whole lot longer. Like y'all said, companies are slowly bringing workers back.

How y'all let Luka drop 73? 😄

3 days in office. No required time… some people badge in to building, log on to network, take a dump, and then go home. I leave at lunch sometimes but usually stay most of the day.

Parts of my company have moved to 4 days in office. Probably only a matter of time before the rest of us do.

My company has 2 big buildings in Raleigh…we could easily shut one down, sell it and save a lot of money by staying hybrid. Have no clue why they don’t. I literally go into the office and sit in my cube and work and still join Zoom meetings. Expect now we waste a lot of time with the water cooler talk.

I feel like WFH has really made folks lose respect for each other's calendar, I've been double and triple booked so many times over the last year and if you decline you are a terrible person. It also seems like people have lost general communication/email etiquette, I don't need all caps or threatening words you wouldn't say it to me in the office

I feel like WFH has really made folks lose respect for each other's calendar, I've been double and triple booked so many times over the last year and if you decline you are a terrible person. It also seems like people have lost general communication/email etiquette, I don't need all caps or threatening words you wouldn't say it to me in the office
Agreed, that’s the other problem. At my company we work a lot more off hours now doing network changes and have put more of us on call during the year. It’s tolerable when your working from home 3 days a week but if they bring everyone back and still expect lots off hour working (nights/weekends) then that would be a real problem.

They did a “study” and found we were more productive post covid…I think they looked at how long you stayed logged in and active.

Worked in an office until COVID. Then worked at home, then went back to the office, and then went back to working from home 90% of time since 2022. Most of the company is working from home now. I don't know what they are going to do with all the empty space at the headquarters in RTP.

Is it true they discount tickets at the box office after the games start?
Not that I’m aware of. I’m in sales and I’ve never heard of that at least for our organization. Maybe other teams are different. If you ever want to come out to a game message me and I’ll send you my employee tix
How y'all let Luka drop 73? 😄
lmao listen man. It’s even worse knowing we drafted him before flipping him to Dallas in the Trae deal. The draft night pic of him in a Hawks hat makes me ill. Oh well

Not that I’m aware of. I’m in sales and I’ve never heard of that at least for our organization. Maybe other teams are different. If you ever want to come out to a game message me and I’ll send you my employee tix

lmao listen man. It’s even worse knowing we drafted him before flipping him to Dallas in the Trae deal. The draft night pic of him in a Hawks hat makes me ill. Oh well
I’ll do that, much appreciated!

I work on ambulance so I don’t work from home but rather I work in everyone else’s home, I’d blow my brains out if I worked from home , least how I see things at this point in my life, maybe if I was 110 like y’all I’d appreciate it

I've been WFH since the COVID lockdowns and, being someone who's socially awakward & suffers from social anxiety, I love it!

*Not having to put extra wear/tear on your car
*Not having to spend more money for gas/insurance/makeup/clothes
*Not having to get up at the crack of dawn for a taxing commute
*Not having to come home after dark in the winter
*Not having to deal with awful coworkers constantly coming up to your desk
*Not having management always looking over your shoulder
*Not having to compromises my diet/fitness (I've lost 170lbs and have never been this slim in my adult life).
*Not having to share restrooms with disgusting individuals who leave their hair everywhere, are incapable of putting their waste in the toilet or don't wash their hands.
*Being able to spend all the time in the world with my fur babies (Cats).
*Being able to spend more time with my aging Mom.

On top of all that, I've only been sick once since the COVID lockdowns, and that was because I took a business trip.

While I'm perfectly ok with a trip once every blue moon to connect with my boss / coworkers, I'm never going back into the office regularly if I can help it. I also intend to begin living a more NOMAD lifestyle and start traveling more frequently while I'm still young.

Now I will also say, the remote jobs currently are very few & far between the RTO mandates & hiring freezes. So I'm holding onto mine for dear life, and I accept that I might be sacrificing career progression in exchange for this privilege. Again, life's too short to not have the flexibility to work at your own pace and in your preferred location without being micromanaged.

Last edited:
My wife works for a bio-tech company based out of Germantown but is 100% remote. I'm on campus most days but if I have an extended run of meetings, I will take those at home. I will also head home early if I have any meetings at all after 12PM. Before the pandemic hit, not only did Duke not have any WFH provisions, we basically had zero online class infrastructure.

Also, I just realized we're like NPC triangle characters with our careers.

I'm a Mavs fan, my but my wife loves Ice Trae, so she's kind of a Hawks fan. I'd love to get down there someday when the Mavs come to town. Would be good to see some of these players in person while they're in their prime.

I bet your commute isn't ideal in Atl. I used to be able to drive to and from downtown in peak traffic in 30 minutes. Now it takes over an hour, so I'm glad I don't to do it anymore!

Back