• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

850-700 hPa max temps during the height of the precipitation in NC. If snow miraculously manages to fall in RDU here there would be some super obese snowflakes reaching the ground
ecmwf_t850_t700_nc_9.png

Sure glad I dipped out on much of a chance of anything in the Central Midlands of SC earlier than later. Speaking of which, reading the WPC discussion much earlier today, they don't think much is going to accumulate at all in the Southeast as a whole. Not sure if they've changed their minds by now.

I'll tell you what though, this time reminds me of 2010's Christmas event in a sense. I'm sitting here following a potential Winter storm, with a Christmas tree beside me, during early December! That's rare around these parts.

Can anyone do a call map for Alabama?

Met here did one, I would take this in a heartbeat, after some back and forth on the cliff, it seems more likely that Montgomery is going to be in the battle zone between rain and snow, line could go north and *hopefully* if more cold air funnels in then the line sinks south

NAM seems to be going for less snow lol only around an inch

mostly between Bham and Montgomery and west/NW of Atlanta through 30

edit big hole in the precip over Alabama at 30 but more back in LA/MS

Last edited:
very narrow band between Bham and Atlanta again at 35 and rain in Montgomery

snow is almost entirely north of SC other than the border

Back