• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Because it's a shadow of its former self. It's not the ACC anymore. Next year with the west coast teams and SMU coming in it's going to be even worse. It's been going down hill for years starting when BC, Miami, and VT were added and they were enough and then all the other big east teams were added and that was the beginning of the end for the ACC conference. Next year it will no longer be the ACC. It just needs to be dismantled as much as I hate to say it. The best ACC in my day was when the conference had 8 teams. Maryland, Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Virginia and Clemson and then FSU was added and maybe one more team. I heard it was even better when USC was in the conference back before my time.
Yeah , adding California teams is stupid. It’s even worse for the California teams because they will have to do most of the traveling. Whatever happens so long as Tobacco Road stays together I’m cool

Yeah , adding California teams is stupid. It’s even worse for the California teams because they will have to do most of the traveling. Whatever happens so long as Tobacco Road stays together I’m cool
I'd be fine never playing duke, unc, wake, uva again they deserve each other and the big10

Because it's a shadow of its former self. It's not the ACC anymore. Next year with the west coast teams and SMU coming in it's going to be even worse. It's been going down hill for years starting when BC, Miami, and VT were added and they were enough and then all the other big east teams were added and that was the beginning of the end for the ACC conference. Next year it will no longer be the ACC. It just needs to be dismantled as much as I hate to say it. The best ACC in my day was when the conference had 8 teams. Maryland, Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Virginia and Clemson and then FSU was added and maybe one more team. I heard it was even better when USC was in the conference back before my time.
I agree. It sucks now. I wish UNC had left for the SEC. Now they are stuck. I am hoping eventually all the big schools will just break away and have their own league with different divisions.

State deserved to win the tournament. That shot to tie the UVA game was incredible. Heels have been struggling for offense outside of RJ and Bacot all season. They had a lot of wins they were able to grind out but they can't keep hoping to win games that way. They are going to have to have someone outside RJ and Bacot to score to have a chance in the tournament.

And I thought the ACC coach of the year did a poor job of not switching up the defense to try to stop Burns. At least try a zone to see if it worked better.

Back