• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Solar Eclipse Forecast

Yeah temp drop even at 90% was pretty impressive, otherwise the anticipation was about as exciting as the actual event. However shout out to the local Walmart here the employees were sharing their glasses with customers so actually got to see it for a few seconds

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'd be much more impressed if some rain would be over my house on radar!? Going on 3 weeks +, with no rain! :(

7bdde7b494c84d33e9ebc45334e7c9e0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you had to be in the path if totality to get a good pic. Those are very cool. Still too much light otherwise to get a good pic of it.

I despise IMBY drivel, so pardon me for indulging ... but ... the thunderstorm building to my east from 12:45 on held off and left a clear sky to the SW until 2:50 ... pouring rain now, but some weather god graced this pour soul today ... :D

Its amazing how bright the sun can be even with 95% totality. It was still an amazing experience though. I will definitely be in thr path of totality in 2024.
It'll be worth it. Especially if you can get in the middle part of the path where it lasts longer..

SAV had rain all day and was at 97% coverage. However, I drove north 110 miles into SC to totality and it was absolutely awesome!! The crickets and frogs thought it was night. The temp dropped a good bit and it was interesting when there was a little partial left and still decent amount of light but the sun didn't feel nearly as hot as normal. The sky was PC with puffy cumulus ahead of totality but they actually dissipated as totality approached due to the cooling and made for a perfect sky near the sun! The suddeness of the darkness both setting in and leaving was beyond amazing!

Check the visible satellite loops for the moon's shadow!

SAV had rain all day and was at 97% coverage. However, I drove north 110 miles into SC to totality and it was absolutely awesome!! The crickets and frogs thought it was night. The temp dropped a good bit and it was interesting when there was a little partial left and still decent amount of light but the sun didn't feel nearly as hot as normal. The sky was PC with puffy cumulus ahead of totality but they actually dissipated as totality approached due to the cooling and made for a perfect sky near the sun! The suddeness of the darkness both setting in and leaving was beyond amazing!

Check the visible satellite loops for the moon's shadow!
Glad you got to enjoy it. Yes it was very amazing and all of our clouds dissipated up here too.

Some really cool pics from the totality path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meh, next!! Let's find some rain?! Time to fire up those 10 + day fantasy rain maps! :) !
All aboard met wannabes day 8 on Euro!

Back