Misc September Segue

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
I like what the 12z gfs was showing around the 300 hr range, low 60s upper 50s for highs and 40/50s at night. Long range, but this something thats been advertising the past few runs.

Please GFS, keep showing this at this time frame .
gfs_T850_us_53.png

the upcoming scandy ridge could be a big player in the rest of the fall. If it retrogrades into the -NAO region we could be looking at a chilly october
Oh god, please no!! Those cold Octobers are the kiss of death for a good winter! Oct goes BN, then we go AN , Nov-Feb! :(

Oh god, please no!! Those cold Octobers are the kiss of death for a good winter! Oct goes BN, then we go AN , Nov-Feb! :(
I'm not a fan of -nao falls but take what you can get and it looks more like a -ao pattern than -nao. Regardless I think october has a chance to be near to slightly below normal for most of the region with the warmest anomalies in the carolinas. I think precip is near normal with the caveat being a tropical system.

I find the gefs/gfs interesting in that it tries to weakly disturb the strat pv a bit in the coming weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: accu35
Our D0 will be D3 by spring

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
My back yard is in D4 already! It's dusty ! A good 12+ inch snow we are going to get in January , will really help and get me back to D0

Can't remember the last time we had a cold December. Was it 2010 ? All I know i that for whatever reason, winters lately have gotten a late start.

Pattern looking good so far on the gfs long range. Lets hope its stays that way.