Pattern September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
YAY!
gfs_T2m_us_63.png

It seems like the miserable heat will never end for the people who live in the middle of the country. The GFS does have a heat bias, especially at long range, but even ten degrees off of those highs would still be bad for September. I hope that ridge doesn't move east and make the start of autumn feel like the start of summer.

It seems like the miserable heat will never end for the people who live in the middle of the country. The GFS does have a heat bias, especially at long range, but even ten degrees off of those highs would still be bad for September. I hope that ridge doesn't move east and make the start of autumn feel like the start of summer.
It will slowly slide east, should be here first of Dec

If I remember correctly, fall of 2016 was extremely warm (hot) and dry for the SE. Hopefully not heading down that path this year. That was also the year of the terrible wildfires in the Smokies.

Reactions: J.C. and Bham 99
The Midwest is on the precipice of a heatwave of generational epic proportions. This could last 10 days where temps in Chicago will be near 100°!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bham 99
The Midwest is on the precipice of a heatwave of generational epic proportions. This could last 10 days where temps in Chicago will be near 100°!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On weather.com, it only shows 3 days in the mid 90s and every other day 90 or lower.