• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pest Thread

I had about decided to get a real Christmas tree locally this year and woke up this morning with a horrible thought. What if Joro spider egg sacs are in the tree? o_O It could happen. One year when the kids were little, we cut a tree out of the back pasture and drug it up with the horse. Picture perfect. Baby praying mantises were all over my house. Another year a little green snake was in the tree. Guess I will stick with the fake one....

we moved in to the house just guessing about 20 moles all over the yard. Tried bait, gum, smoke sticks(nothing worked)... i found an old leaf blower with a rubber hose on the exhaust did the trick.. smash the den down and let a few hrs pass, go back to the re raised spots and make a small hole with a screwdriver.. stick the hose into the tunnel and run for 10 mins i mixed little heavier with oil to cause more smoke

Hey frens, meet my new baby pest. I named her Luna. Started to name her Snow or Snowy but I was afraid if I did that, she would never see snow. LOL. Was afraid it would be a jinx. The big pest Coco really needed a friend besides the witchy bitchy Chihuahua. So far no sleep but she is very smart and Coco is obsessed. ?? Wish us luck..need some sleep....and snow to play in.

Attachments

• Luna.jpg
    Luna.jpg
    921.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Luna Lu.jpg
    Luna Lu.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Lu lu.jpg
    Lu lu.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Hey frens, meet my new baby pest. I named her Luna. Started to name her Snow or Snowy but I was afraid if I did that, she would never see snow. LOL. Was afraid it would be a jinx. The big pest Coco really needed a friend besides the witchy bitchy Chihuahua. So far no sleep but she is very smart and Coco is obsessed. ?? Wish us luck..need some sleep....and snow to play in.
We have a goat named Luna (obviously not a recent pic lol)

247.jpg

I had about decided to get a real Christmas tree locally this year and woke up this morning with a horrible thought. What if Joro spider egg sacs are in the tree? o_O It could happen. One year when the kids were little, we cut a tree out of the back pasture and drug it up with the horse. Picture perfect. Baby praying mantises were all over my house. Another year a little green snake was in the tree. Guess I will stick with the fake one....
Have the Joro spiders died down any since it has gotten colder. I hope so. You sound like you were infested with them like my yard is infested fire ant mounds.

Have the Joro spiders died down any since it has gotten colder. I hope so. You sound like you were infested with them like my yard is infested fire ant mounds.
Yes. About 2 weeks ago I could walk in woods pretty much free of spider fear. It's glorious. I already dread their return.

Yes. About 2 weeks ago I could walk in woods pretty much free of spider fear. It's glorious. I already dread their return.
That's good. I know what you mean. I'm enjoying my little brake from the fire ants right now to but dread their return as well next year. Hopefully we can get some real cold air and snow with this pattern this winter shaping up and and put a hurting on their population. I sure hope so to slow them down.

Back