May 6-10 Severe Weather Outbreak

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
I had two rumbles of thunder overnight and that was it.
You were definitely lucky then. It sounded it like a war zone here from just after 2 to almost 4. I hardly ever get woken up by storms but definitely got woken up by that line. Also, I’ve ended up with another 1.7” rain the last two days which puts me right about 4.5” for May… that’s nearly 4x what I had all of April

I don't want that either. But, as a weather enthusiast, I do enjoy action besides rain. Lately it has been hard to just get a good storm where it actually thunders (and lightning).
Same here. And people here are going to start thinking the local TV mets are crying wolf whenever they mention the chance for severe storms. Maybe I am just lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look it, but the past few years I end up not having a storm at all a lot more than I do when the forecast calls for a chance of severe storms.

Reactions: Jimmy Hypocracy