• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

great way to end the month:
gfs-ens_T2m_us_16.png

Here is the explanation I got from WRAL met Aimee Wilmoth on why the rain has been a bust here.

We were sandwiched b/w 2 areas of higher mid-level moisture. For some reason, central NC was cut-off from the moisture in the mid levels. We certainly had plenty of moisture down at the surface!

Hard to believe we are on day 3 of what was supposed to be a very wet period and have no rain to show for it. Still really nice outside though.
I hate to say it, but Brick called it. As soon as they issued the Flash Flood Watch, the rain stopped. Funny how that happenes.

Had a flash flood watch yesterday and didn't get any rain. No flash flood watch today and it is absolutely pouring down at my office right now.

I'm in Raleigh this morning and I must not be too far from you, it is pounding rain. Parking lot at this location starting to flood and it's a small storm
Had a flash flood watch yesterday and didn't get any rain. No flash flood watch today and it is absolutely pouring down at my office right now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm in Raleigh this morning and I must not be too far from you, it is pounding rain. Parking lot at this location starting to flood and it's a small storm

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
How’s Brick!??:D
On a serious, weather related note, how’s the big wet, part duh next week looking?

Mowed the yard yesterday hope it rains today

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
We're getting way more rain today with no FFW than the last 48 hours when we were under one. Forecasting rain must be really, really hard.

We're getting way more rain today with no FFW than the last 48 hours when we were under one. Forecasting rain must be really, really hard.
Yeah kinda sucks for RAH, issue with FFW then thebest convergence is west and moisture is east. Then you lift the FFW and the convergence axis moves east and moisture transport is better.

Mowed the yard yesterday hope it rains today

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Wash the car today, that should guarantee a good downpour! Storms firing to my NW, today was supposed to start the big dry! I havnt had rain since Sat night!

Back