ISO good quality fire pit

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

SASQUATCH

Meme Guru
2024 Supporter
2017-2023 Supporter
Jan 5, 2017
Tuscaloosa/Northport
Didn't know best place to ask this question so here we are...I'm looking to buy myself a good quality back yard fire pit for Christmas. I have a metal/copper chiminea that's about 15 years old and has been heavily used and is now in need of replacement. I've researched some of the smokeless one's but they're expensive and I actually like the smoke, haha, so that's not a necessity. I've looked through all the one's on Amazon as well. Just wondering if any of you have some secret deal or "not commonly known" tip for a good quality fire pit.

Thanks,

The Squatch

I have an outdoor pellet stove that turns it from fall to summer in my backyard. I always wanted a wood stove indoors but living in the south couldn't justify cutting all the holes in the wall for it.

Reactions: Metwannabe
I have an outdoor pellet stove that turns it from fall to summer in my backyard. I always wanted a wood stove indoors but living in the south couldn't justify cutting all the holes in the wall for it.
Put it in, you won’t regret it. My wood stove vents into a pipe that I slid up our fireplace. Nothing like burning that wood the past few nights.

Reactions: Thor
Put it in, you won’t regret it. My wood stove vents into a pipe that I slid up our fireplace. Nothing like burning that wood the past few nights.

We put in an Eiklor Flames 30” Ultimate 5 gas log set about 12 years ago, BTUs are 180K/hr, seemed like a good idea at the time when it cost about a dollar an hour at max, now it’s probably 2 bucks an hour. It still can lift the main living space 10 degrees an hour and push mid 80s no matter how cold it is outside.

Hindsight, I probably would have gone with a cast iron wood burning stove insert, Vermont Castings come to mind. Although a gas fired furnace is the way to go, been about 5 years and never looked back. The logs are now purely for when we really want to double down on our gas bill.

$500 or less...wood burning

Reactions: EV/WS

Didn't think about wayfair, thanks.