• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Global Model Runs Discussion 2017

Lol 18z happy hour special
aad391e6cef600a1b574fa1a973de16b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One week prior to our arriving there, good thing it's the crazy 18z gfs... we toss

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Now that would make for a fun vacation

Yeah for real, seriously though my sister and her family went through Opal in '95 promise you they aren't interesting in another one

Yeah for real, seriously though my sister and her family went through Opal in '95 promise you they aren't interesting in another one

If anyone has been through one as a tourist/lived through one in their home (much less 5), unless they work for TWC, and if that person wants to do it again, that person is certifiably nuts and really needs to be checked into, and reside in, the Baker Act ward someplace ...

Last edited:
If anyone has been through one as a tourist/lived through one in their home (much less 5), unless they work for TWC, and if that person wants to do it again, that person is certifiably nuts and really needs to be checked into, and reside in, the Baker Act ward someplace ...
Crazy thing though.... my sister took my niece who was about 8 then and they left, headed north to a shelter in Alabama (I think it was Al), and my brother-in-law boarded up the house and stayed behind. My sis said traffic was horrible, the shelters were full and not pleasant and my niece was crying to go home.... my sister said it was so bad she would never leave again.
My brother-in-law didn't get a minutes sleep, said the constant howling, total darkness was so eerie didn't know what things were going to look like when he came outside and he said he would never stay again. Hopefully they don't have to find out just funny how their experiences were fairly traumatic leaving or staying.

Now the Euro is on board...
View attachment 657

As is the parallel Euro
View attachment 658

Handful of EPS members like this wave and wait to develop it until it approaches the antilles...
View attachment 659
Yeah, I think this will become the next storm, and if the Euro and GFS keep up the intensity, our first hurricane.
2004 definitely wasn't good when I lived down there. Very glad Charley missed us, because if it took the path that they expected it to, who knows what could have happened. I definitely would never want to live through another strong tropical storm again. There isn't even anything special about them, unless you are crazy I guess as you said.

Crazy thing though.... my sister took my niece who was about 8 then and they left, headed north to a shelter in Alabama (I think it was Al), and my brother-in-law boarded up the house and stayed behind. My sis said traffic was horrible, the shelters were full and not pleasant and my niece was crying to go home.... my sister said it was so bad she would never leave again.
My brother-in-law didn't get a minutes sleep, said the constant howling, total darkness was so eerie didn't know what things were going to look like when he came outside and he said he would never stay again. Hopefully they don't have to find out just funny how their experiences were fairly traumatic leaving or staying.

I remember Opal like it was yesterday . We had over half a foot a rain in like 12 hours. Add to that winds around 50 mph and the tree and power line damage was extensive. Heck of a storm even up this way

The 06z GEFS says pick a route
e3d4f78a22ff72a56c710e17355feb4b.png
f664ad4c066efdcb6b340095363cad94.png

One thing to note about that is even though numerous different routes most, with exception of the handful off east coast, are headed to land..... long ways out obviously but certainly could be one to watch

One thing to note about that is even though numerous different routes most, with exception of the handful off east coast, are headed to land..... long ways out obviously but certainly could be one to watch

Yep. Not good but as you pointed out a long way to go.

Back