• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe DEEP SOUTH Severe Weather threat 18-20th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any links to local news covering the tornado in Jacksonville?

As much as history has been kind to the Atlanta metro area, these supercells entering GA mean serious business and aren't likely to weaken too terribly much as they are closing in on the metro.

Glenn Burns brought up an interesting point not too long ago about these storms unusual travel path (ESE vs. NE or ENE) and how the EF2 Atlanta tornado traveled ESE when it hit, I had actually forgotten about that myself. Speaking of the wedge, I think the wedge may be retreating here anyway, temp/dp has been rising here the past few hours.

Glenn Burns brought up an interesting point not too long ago about these storms unusual travel path (ESE vs. NE or ENE) and how the EF2 Atlanta tornado traveled ESE when it hit, I had actually forgotten about that myself. Speaking of the wedge, I think the wedge may be retreating here anyway, temp/dp has been rising here the past few hours.
Supercells typically take right turns so this was a faux-paux on his part

The storm that is hitting me currently has really calmed down. Hardly and thunder or lightning. Heavy rain and gusty wind, no hail at all. Prayers for those hit harder.

The storm that is hitting me currently has really calmed down. Hardly and thunder or lightning. Heavy rain and gusty wind, no hail at all. Prayers for those hit harder.

Same here in Dallas but we do have insane lightning.. I’ve never been more thankful that the sun didn't make an appearance today..lol

My stepdaughter is a student at Jax State. Trying to get in touch with her. Son is in Paulding. Tough hours ahead. Seeing lightning here in Sandy Springs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prayers that everything is good with the Stepdaughter.. Paulding so far has not been that bad.. A lot of lightning but not as strong of winds and no hail..

Prayers that everything is good with the Stepdaughter.. Paulding so far has not been that bad.. A lot of lightning but not as strong of winds and no hail..

Thank goodness. Thanks for the update - prayers for safety to you all out there. Still no reports from Jax yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back