• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

That map will send JB back on his "worst of summer is past" comment he made a month ago I'm sure! This was coming and I was sure of it because you can't have a completely cool period without having AN temps towards fall's start. (BTW fall officially begins in 2 days and a month per calendar)
Amen, brother ... good to see someone else reads between the lines ... ;)

That map will send JB back on his "worst of summer is past" comment he made a month ago I'm sure! This was coming and I was sure of it because you can't have a completely cool period without having AN temps towards fall's start. (BTW fall officially begins in 2 days and a month per calendar)
Meh he was riding Nino climo. Aam drop and Pacific typhoons say poop on analogs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In terms of US population weighted cooling degree days, 8/24-30/18 is flirting with being the warmest Aug. 24-30 since at least 1950! The hottest on record back to 1950 is 1993 followed by 1983. It is looking to be warmer than the 30 year normal for the warmest week of the summer in late July though it isn't going to be warmer than this summer's warmest week, which was very hot.

*Edited

In terms of US population weighted cooling degree days, 8/24-30/18 is flirting with being the warmest Aug. 24-30 since at least 1950! The hottest on record back to 1950 is 1993 followed by 1983. It is looking to be warmer than the 30 year normal for the warmest week of the summer in late July though it isn't going to be warmer than this summer's warmest week, which was very hot.

*Edited
So, we're not out of the 98-100 woods yet... :(

So, we're not out of the 98-100 woods yet... :(

I'm leaning against that for Nashville as of now since the hottest relative to normal is progged to be from the Ohio river northward.

Morning thunderstorms tomorrow should add tons of rain to the ole rain bucket! They always workout, just like clipper snow for SC!:D

I'm leaning against that for Nashville as of now since the hottest relative to normal is progged to be from the Ohio river northward.
weather.com shows highs in the upper 80s here next week, not nearly as hot as those maps make it seem. Upper 80s isn't bad at all. It is August after all !

Nice loud storm right now. Pouring rain 1.2 since midnight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HRRR says mby gets wrecked somewhere between 4-7 pm, we shall see!?

weather.com shows highs in the upper 80s here next week, not nearly as hot as those maps make it seem. Upper 80s isn't bad at all. It is August after all !

That is because it is an "probability above average" chart. It could have the whole US in the darkest red and only be a degree above average.

Back