• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GFS

gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_51.png

Good thing it was a small system with peak conditions lasting just a few hrs cause the early images from Acapulco are pretty bad.

Last edited:
gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_53.png

November hurricane warning?
I’m very certain this would not be tropical at this point. If you notice this the same system that 12 hours later is producing a blizzard in the interior NE to northern New England. It’s probably lost any of its last tropical characteristics 12 hours before this. Powerful nor’easter… yes. There would be Storm warnings and coastal flood warnings up and down the east coast from it.

I’m very certain this would not be tropical at this point. If you notice this the same system that 12 hours later is producing a blizzard in the interior NE to northern New England. It’s probably lost any of its last tropical characteristics 12 hours before this. Powerful nor’easter… yes. There would be Storm warnings and coastal flood warnings up and down the east coast from it.
Good enough for November

I'm a wind junkie and if this system came true as ran today it would bring me the winds. I wouldn't care what classification it had lol

I'm a wind junkie and if this system came true as ran today it would bring me the winds. I wouldn't care what classification it had lol
It’s certainly not unheard of for a November tropical system to do this in an El Niño. Ida in November 2009 transition to a strong nor’easter with heavy snow in the interior NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back