• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, perhaps we're getting all the south-east ridging out of our system before winter this year.
December 7th again please. I had a foot of snow when I lived in Acworth GA last year.

Every team's fan in baseball thinks their bullpen is awful outside of the Yankees. The Braves could decide to go all in on the pen and still not end up with it being worth it next year because relievers suck and are incredibly volatile outside the legendary relievers. You could get a guy pitching to a 2.5 ERA, or they could pitch a 4.8 ERA because relievers can and WILL break your heart.

Also, Snitker is a terrible bullpen manager.. Brach and Venters were pulled to soon.. but he also leaves pitcher in too long on occasion. He doesn't really have good feel for pitchers.

Every team's fan in baseball thinks their bullpen is awful outside of the Yankees. The Braves could decide to go all in on the pen and still not end up with it being worth it next year because relievers suck and are incredibly volatile outside the legendary relievers. You could get a guy pitching to a 2.5 ERA, or they could pitch a 4.8 ERA because relievers can and WILL break your heart.
there's truth to that.. but I saw a Cards bullpen pitcher toss 100 mph consistently.. we don't have anything like that. Even the Marlins have better pitchers in the pen, overall.

there's truth to that.. but I saw a Cards bullpen pitcher toss 100 mph consistently.. we don't have anything like that.

The truth is, they're two very comparable teams and in actuality, even with that guy, even if it's not shown in this series, the Cards bullpen is WORSE than the Braves. I go to other places online and I seriously think if the Braves had the Cards bullpen that some of our fans at said places would have committed suicide by now.

Which team is playing better now? That's the important thing to remember. You're right though, I haven't paid a lot of attn to the Cards season.. just now, they're killing it in the second half. I wouldn't want to face either them or the Brewers in the post season. Actually the LA Dodgers, weirdly enough, are the Braves best bet to move to the NLCS. Assuming they don't collapse supremely against the Phils.

Last edited:
They also had slowed down, it's the Braves throwing up all over themselves and not playing steady, but continuing to win a few then lose a few, then repeat.

yeah, they haven't gone on a really long losing streak yet.. 4 or 5 games, the most.. hopefully this isn't the time they decide to do it.. ugh.

Yup bullpen blew it again. But hey, they are pretty much a lock for post season. They might be just holding back since it’s the end of the regular season almost.

there's truth to that.. but I saw a Cards bullpen pitcher toss 100 mph consistently.. we don't have anything like that. Even the Marlins have better pitchers in the pen, overall.

That guy is one of the best closers in the game . His arm is special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back