• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know with winter in the Southeast. He could in end up getting some if the conditions are right. It's happened before. :p

Yep, in the event there is another very rare DEEP SE winter storm like that from 12/1989 and a winter like 1989-1990 overall, Phil and I would end up with more than most posters here! Of course, that wouldn't sit too well with some here as I'd bet the bitching would be at historical levels from them even though that happens only once every few decades at most. The rule at wx bbs in general seems to be that people who very rarely get snow (like Phil and me) can have their very rare treat but that the people who normally get way more had better get their share too or the complaining will be endless as if Mother Nature is intentionally doing a number on them lol.

Can you imagine if the main wx bbs had existed back in 1989-90?

Edit: 1976-7 similarly favored the very deep south.

Last edited:
Yep, in the event there is another very rare DEEP SE winter storm like that from 12/1989 and a winter like 1989-1990 overall, Phil and I would end up with more than most posters here! Of course, that wouldn't sit too well with some here as I'd bet the bitching would be at historical levels from them even though that happens only once every few decades at most. The rule at wx bbs in general seems to be that people who very rarely get snow (like Phil and me) can have their very rare treat but that the people who normally get way more had better get their share too or the complaining will be endless as if Mother Nature is intentionally doing a number on them lol.

I for one would be happy for you guys.... trust me and hold me to that :cool:

Playing in a three man scramble golf tournament tomorrow with my boss at RTJ. Last time I played with him he lost 9 balls and ran out .

Question is do i take extra balls for him ? Or do I hang him out to dry and tell him I dont have extra

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Playing in a three man scramble golf tournament tomorrow with my boss at RTJ. Last time I played with him he lost 9 balls and ran out .

Question is do i take extra balls for him ? Or do I hang him out to dry and tell him I dont have extra

Having balls when your with the boss is never a bad idea.....

To me, it wouldn't matter what conditions we have during our up coming winter. El Nino, La Nino, Neutral, the exciting thing is is that weather chooses to do what it wants for the SE. I've seen calls for warm winters and end up being Cold. There still forecaster as of now that are siding with a pretty good winter this year still, lets hope so. I think most of us will be happy this year. Only 1 can hope.

72-73 also favored the very deep south didnt it ? Just not deep enough to give Phil anything.

It's not just him, its anyone who lives south of Macon. It would take an extremely rare event to get a boardwide event.
Sounds like Larry, WeatherDawg and me. ;)
Anyway, "... screw it up for everyone" are fairly bold, if not caustic words, under the circumstances ...

Last edited:

How bad is this guy

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

We are finally getting to the time of year when the shorter days are becoming slightly noticeable. Already lost 20 min of daylight in the morning and around 11 min in the evening. I can almost smell fall. 36 more days !

OMGD the video of the Ohio state fair accident is HORRIFIC!!!!

OMGD the video of the Ohio state fair accident is HORRIFIC!!!!

That is why I don't ride state fair rides like that. They go up to fast and to easy for me to feel safe. Praying for all involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back