• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Yeah, I got today wrong, ha.

I'm really not sure anything is going to stop the low vol, summer esque upward drift until we get closer to election season. It'd have to be something significant macro wise if treasury rates are going to stay out of the way.

Folks who were trying to say that the AI bubble had popped on a not even 10% drop on the Nasdaq are looking mighty foolish.

I add some more back to AMD this morning at $156. I had sold some above $200 back in early March and added some a few weeks ago and now more today. Chart looks amazing...I will set a stop for these shares I added in the $155-$156 at $148 but will hold the rest no matter what.

Inverse head and houlders...and trendline resistance breached. Many tech names look like this.

View attachment 147746

AMD ripping...biggest position in my long term account. Might trim a few at $200 again down the road.

Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 11.28.06 AM.png

One of the days/weeks/months China trade might be appetizing. It hasn't done anything for years.

I remember back in early 2021 I met with a financial advisor whose recommendation was to sell tech stocks and buy foreign equities, including China. She was right on tech, somewhat...tech just broke out from it's 2021 ATH but China scares me.

View attachment 143091

Since this post..China (HSI) up 30%. Geez I suck.

Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 11.53.02 AM.png

Day 11 up in a row for the SPY...obviously not the norm but nobody selling and just closed at ATH's.

I'm still long but I've trimmed a lot into the close yesterday and in the past 30 mins. Will wait for any kind of dip to add back.

sc.png

Day 11 up in a row for the SPY...obviously not the norm but nobody selling and just closed at ATH's.

I'm still long but I've trimmed a lot into the close yesterday and in the past 30 mins. Will wait for any kind of dip to add back.

View attachment 147757

Glad I lightened up when I did...I am about 70% cash. Hopefully we can get some consolidation here, test the 8/20dema's would be ideal. After a few days maybe SPY tests $520-$523 area.

sc.png

Stopped out of the rest...bleh. Done with the meme stocks.

Glad I got stopped out yesterday...I rarely trade these meme stocks and for good reason. AMC with multiple offerings this week and now GME. The diamond hands got got.

Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 8.42.33 AM.png

Trying COIN at $201.30. I like this chart. I might be a little early on this but going to give it some room. Stop at $193.90.

sc.png

Trying COIN at $201.30. I like this chart. I might be a little early on this but going to give it some room. Stop at $193.90.

View attachment 147764

Zooming out on COIN...the weekly chart is amazing. Textbook cup and handle and with a strength of crypto right now you would think ATH's is coming. I have a big position at $201'ish.

Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 11.00.54 AM.png

Added back some Qs at $450 (TQQQ 62.30)...had trimmed quite a bit on Wed close and yesterday morning.

Back