• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the forecast no longer calls for mid-50s lows this weekend and now calls for lows in the mid-60s. Just like last year

This is unbelievable, and yet it happened to us recently:

Most of y'all know my mom is disabled. She needs help from my dad to be able to use public bathrooms. Usually there's no problem with that. I'm their eyes when I'm with them when we're out and about on if there's people in the bathroom, and they try to not go in the bathroom when other women are in there.

Well, at the McDonald's in Madison off I-20 on our last trip, it just recently became a problem for the 2nd time in 24 years. I did what I usually do, checking the bathroom to see if there was people in there. I at first thought there was nobody, but then realized there was someone in the handicapped stall for a reason I couldn't figure out then (it later ended up being one of the employees). I did what I needed to do and then checked that stall again (in a subtle way). I was confused.

Shortly after that, my parents were told that they could go in. Or so they thought. I looked down on my phone, figuring it'd be the usual uneventful minute or two and they'd come out, but yet seemingly 30 seconds later, I get approached by who we think was the manager (and the employee that was working in there) and get told that my dad has to leave. I told her that no, she can't walk at all, that I can't help her, and she'll cry if its somebody else that is in there.

Yet I get hit with the insufferable "Men do not need to be in the women's bathroom at all".

I threw my hands up and stormed into the bathroom and shouted at my parents to hurry up and just get up right now, that dad can't be in the bathroom for some reason. They did, and my dad had a mind to look for the lady that talked to me to cuss her out but she quickly disappeared.

They got a 1 star review from me on google. I know it's just the manager and it's a small selection of people, but I recommend to anybody to skip the McDonald's in Madison, GA on I-20. They don't deserve service.

Hurricanes the past few years hang around for 10days. Winter storm the past few years hang around 10 hrs.. awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like tracking winter storms for 12 days, then 2 days out they vanish or become cold rain storms! I can’t wait

With hurricane season just picking up maybe we can score some rain in a few weeks

I can't possibly believe these forecasted temps will verify, but if they do it would literally be one of he hottest stretches I've ever experienced in this area. This is absolutely ridiculous for September.

Edit: The forecast I'm referring to is the twc forecast, and if they are probably using the garbage new GFS isotherms where Atlanta will be 99 and two counties over is 85, its absolutely worthless to even look at.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I can't possibly believe these forecasted temps will verify, but if they do it would literally be one of he hottest stretches I've ever experienced in this area. This is absolutely ridiculous for September.

Edit: The forecast I'm referring to is the twc forecast, and if they are probably using the garbage new GFS isotherms where Atlanta will be 99 and two counties over is 85, its absolutely worthless to even look at.

FWIW, if the models keep shirting westward with Dorian, we might have to contend with high clouds on Thursday (capping temps somewhat).

This keeps up, I’ll get a breezy shower!!
Upstate SC is less tropical than Virginia into New England and Canada. Also less snowy I might add but you prob already know that.

Does the NHC play or act as God? Comments. Right or wrong.

Since there's always this fascination with starting threads and people bringing mojo or jinxing it, etc..... guess that means I start the first winter weather threat this year Lol. I think the Dorian thread is the first TC thread I've ever started and what a thread it's been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back