• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Weather Threat Jan 2-4

Gefs is starting to look like the EPS
15ef735eca54a5dff224ebf14a00af57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Euro is dead to me, can't even get a storm right 3 days out :p

What even is the point of models?

In an era of fake news computer models are like the fakest of all

oh the best part of the Euro run... going to NYC Friday for a few days and the day I come back late they get a foot of snow... :D only 10 days out!

Last edited:
For a system that's a few days out, there is more shifting than I've seen ever before in the models. The FV3 jumped about 1000 miles slower in 2 runs, the GFS did that in 1 at 0Z, and the CMC jumped slower, and the Euro. Which model didn't as dramatically? The ICON. Slow shifts not a drastic one. Not saying it's right, just that it's crazy to see such shifts.

For a system that's a few days out, there is more shifting than I've seen ever before in the models. The FV3 jumped about 1000 miles slower in 2 runs, the GFS did that in 1 at 0Z, and the CMC jumped slower, and the Euro. Which model didn't as dramatically? The ICON. Slow shifts not a drastic one. Not saying it's right, just that it's crazy to see such shifts.
Also crazy to see everything shift NW in just of few days before the event. Places in nw MS and west TN was looking great and within 2 runs a major shift west. Wo

Well, I saw on the other board that every model is scoring poorly post either day 5 or 10, so until the MJO is able to shake out I'm not sure we're really going to know anything for a while except for good ole "look out the window" and "wait" on weather happening as I think it's confusing every single model.

Well still hope here euro had a massive snowstorm at 12z just barely north of me and maybe an inch or two here

Not really expecting much Wednesday other than a very cold rain
Well, maybe you can go chasing.. I would consider it if it is with 50-75 miles.

Well still hope here euro had a massive snowstorm at 12z just barely north of me and maybe an inch or two here

Not really expecting much Wednesday other than a very cold rain

How close is this to you?
86D7B6AD-FB85-4049-83B5-0D7E8A41BD03.png

I'm in Dallas this week and tomorrow looks like cold rain all day! Awesome!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-01-12-37-11.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-01-12-37-11.png
    447.9 KB · Views: 27
Looks interesting for Brent on Thurs:

Thursday
Rain and snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 39. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Meh still in the metro hard to see anything major i think. It would be a big bust if there was real accumulations with the forecast

Also its only an advisory to my west

Back