• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Radar looks fantastic for another inch or two of rain for Raleigh. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a departing flurry from the bottom of the comma head as it lifts north out of the area tomorrow.

We have had sleet mostly for over an hour now in the Triad and more snow tonight is looking iffy currently. Glad to see a lot of people doing better than expected, quite a storm for this time of year. Hope the peeps in the Triangle can pick up some decent snow overnight or early tomorrow

Not liking the trends at the current moment, everything that crosses the line gets dried out once it gets in Bama. I really feel like this second wave will definitely be for the East central folks in alabama.

Absolutely true. Nobody made a big deal about the potential of this storm. You can alert people without creating panic. We’ve got nearly 8 inches in Marietta. Epic bust even at FFC.
And yet most of the models i saw were showing widespread 6" and they were still forecasting an inch or less. Makes no sense.

And yet most of the models i saw were showing widespread 6" and they were still forecasting an inch or less. Makes no sense.

I agree. Almost every model was in agreement with totals. We have had close to 9" here and that was what some of the models were calling for, which at the time I wanted to believe but didn't. However, they way under did our snow totals in a pretty big swath over here in East AL anyways. I am so happy though. This snow will be one to remember for sure. I can't recall such a thick. fluffy, powdery snow since I was really little.

Just looking at the radar but is it me or am I due one more batch tonight? Sylacauga Al

The locals are now calling for additional amounts and it looks like it’s tapering off unless it’s going to blossom again over E Alabama into Georgia ?

Ryan definitely has a point this was a pretty massive forecast bust in LA, MS, AL, and GA tbh
View attachment 1961

Not bashing them but same here example.... Notice 8a issue time
C9_A06188-2_A7_A-4_B54-8565-402_E002295_DE.png

Back