• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Those bands that are on the Alabama/Mississippi state line look to be intensifying. If they continue to intensify then they may affect most of the people in tuscaloosa, jefferson, and shelby county. Will keep watching them

I am interested to know how much has actually fallen here today so far...taking the melting into considerations. I am and was quite surprised that the clown maps have actually been pretty accurate for our area...

It really is amazing. For Columbia to get snow things have to be perfect. People farther south than Cola in Alabama and Georgia get more snow than us. Too far west. By time things get east they start their northern turn. Oh well.

It really is amazing. For Columbia to get snow things have to be perfect. People farther south than Cola in Alabama and Georgia get more snow than us. Too far west. By time things get east they start their northern turn. Oh well.
It does it every time it gets to Georgia. Its rather annoying to say the least.

Those bands that are on the Alabama/Mississippi state line look to be intensifying. If they continue to intensify then they may affect most of the people in tuscaloosa, jefferson, and shelby county. Will keep watching them
Yeah intense bands are getting much stronger. Im at light snow but those bands are almost here. How much snow you think it would put out?

Ryan definitely has a point this was a pretty massive forecast bust in LA, MS, AL, and GA tbh
View attachment 1961

Very true. Up until early early this morning they were going 1-2” at most. Already tripled that and then some here and it’s still pouring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went over 9". Gone from limbs popping to entire pine tops coming down. Light show outside with all the transformers going...absolutely epic storm guys. Feels amazing to have finally been in the sweet spot. ARCC and I have been reeling in these for many years with you guys and we usually bring in an old shoe. But not this time! Reeled her in boys!!

092FE9BF-776B-42BC-9A5D-E0A0F41CBD65.thumb.jpeg.9e030db7ad0286f94e13ac8117f1bb20.jpeg

Historic storm west and north of Atlanta. Nothing South and East lol. The gradient is insane.

Just went over 9". Gone from limbs popping to entire pine tops coming down. Light show outside with all the transformers going...absolutely epic storm guys. Feels amazing to have finally been in the sweet spot. ARCC and I have been reeling in these for many years with you guys and we usually bring in an old shoe. But not this time! Reeled her in boys!!

Thats awesome! We got about 4.5 here and I cannot imagine seeing 9! We had transformers blow a little over here and our power flickered a couple times around 12, but since then we have been good.I had a feeling those in East alabama would get smacked. You will have a chance to hit the foot mark after midnight it looks like

The storm overachieved everywhere but it had to underachieve here. Ridiculous

It never underachieved here. Pretty much all of the hi res models had me left out of the fun so I'm not surprised...dissapointed but not surprised. It isn't the massive letdown of January of last winter where I legit thought I would score big, but it still sucks being left outside looking in...so close yet so far.

Not even a pinger for you yet?
Yeah, I had some at the onset, then it's been heavy rain. These set ups in recent years all do the same. Drag it out until the bitter end for a quick, dusting to an inch. Everyone else is covered up in snow all day, but it takes forever for the cold air to beat out the waa coming up. When it decided to over produce it was the kiss of death to us. Too warm in the column a ways up. Takes the whole storm for the cold to get in here. It's been 36 here all day, but not up top. Always best for me to have the cold in place, and have a storm come up into it. T

Back