• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Wintry mix, looks like the 850 line is right over my house lol. Higher rates it snows, lower rates it’s mostly rain and sleet

WSBTV says 2 to 4 more inches widespread, which is more reasonable. However, you never know. That in itself would put me at 8 to 10 inches total. If 5 to 7, 11 to 13 inches if that is for up here.
I fully expect you to get at least a foot. 18 inches if you are lucky and get under an intense band.

Our area has been in a dryslot for almost two hours and our temperature has risen 2 degrees. I'm getting less convinced by the minute.

I think once we get past 8pm tonight we'll stay all snow metro wide for the remaining duration of this winter storm. There seems to be good agreement from HRRR/NAM on this.
I hope so. I want to see more snow. The snow i had today did nothing.

OMG, that intense storm coming from gulfport MS. Should be my way shortly. Ive never experience anything like this before, with ongoing bands. Its all snow to.

HRRR is really interesting hours 11-14 for Central Alabama folks. Looks like a band forms at the end and snows a little bit with temps below freezing. Something to watch.

I live in northern Cleburne Co in east AL and we have been at 32 or below since sunrise. We have 8 inches in grassy areas and it is still snowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power has been out here in Winston Salem for about 20 minutes now. Ugh

Back