• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations Winter 2017-18 snow totals

GaStorm

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on how much snow everyone has so far this winter so decided to start one. My total so far is 6.5 inches which is really good for my area. Hoping to see these totals go even higher especially for those that didn't get much from both storms. :cool:

.5" of slop in December.
.5" for the Jan 5th storm.
8" during the Jan 17th storm.

As many of you know Ive been doing some traveling lately. Here are the snowfall amounts Ive observed:

IN: 10"
GA: 8"
DE: 6" ( drifts over 2 feet with Blizzard conditons)
Total : 24"

As many of you know Ive been doing some traveling lately. Here are the snowfall amounts Ive observed:

IN: 10"
GA: 8"
DE: 6" ( drifts over 2 feet with Blizzard conditons)
Total : 24"
That's pretty crazy. The most snow I have ever seen was in '93. I traveled to Colorado in February '93 to go skiing and there was a record amount of snow that year there and several feet probably on the ground. Came back and witnessed the blizzard here with at least 8-10 inches where I was close to Alpharetta. :D

A measly dusting from all events. Seriously probably a total of half to 3/4 of an in total from all storms in north east Tennessee!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535PP using Tapatalk

That's pretty crazy. The most snow I have ever seen was in '93. I traveled to Colorado in February '93 to go skiing and there was a record amount of snow that year there and several feet probably on the ground. Came back and witnessed the blizzard here with at least 8-10 inches where I was close to Alpharetta. :D
Yeah its been a winter to remember for me. 2 feet of snow, -12 degrees, and several days that struggled to get above 0. No frozen pipes though. Maybe houses up here are better prepared for the cold.

Dec 9 : 9"
Dec 27: Dusting (0.1)
Jan 17: 1"

Total so far: 10.1"
Can't believe how much more you got in the same county. Pretty sure I had 5.5 inches in December in southern Forsyth. My friend in Alpharetta got close to a foot of snow in December since he was in the heavier band.

Can't believe how much more you got in the same county. Pretty sure I had 5.5 inches in December in southern Forsyth. My friend in Alpharetta got close to a foot of snow in December since he was in the heavier band.
Yeah, it usually happens. The Northern part of Forsyth seems to be snowier in events just due to it being north of a mountain I believe. I remember back in the 2011 storm, as soon as you drove south of the mountain, the 6 to 8 inch amounts went down to 5 to 3 inches across the area. And, of course, 2015's storm was a weird one, 3 in the far west, 1 in the far east, and 2 here in the middle. That gradient was horrible.

Back