• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Wiki Suggestions

Keeping it updated though. It may gain use later on when obtaining information, such as when the next storm comes close to land, we can look at the Cindy page and see what the models did.
A lot of energy has gone into the Wiki and I'm just hoping folks are using it for a resource (models, explanations etc.) ... of course, if not, their loss ...

I'd like to find a really good lightning map to include in Wiki Models. The ones I have are local and not of the best resolution.

Anyone got one worth sharing? If so, please post or send me the link and I'll dutifully get it into our Wiki for all to use!

Thanks and Best!

Phil

Last edited:
I'd like to find a really good lightning map to include in Wiki Models. The ones I have are local and not of the best resolution.

Anyone got one worth sharing? If so, please post or send me the link and I'll dutifully get it into our Wiki for all to use!

Thanks and Best!

Phil
I have had this site bookmarked for awhile. It allows you to zoom into any area. Not sure if you had this already.
https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=sat;r=0;t=2;s=0;o=0;b=;n=0;y=32.7587;x=-74.2871;z=4;

For anyone who hasn't visited our Wiki site, below is an index of what's there; inside of each topic is a plethora of materials; the general Models is a well organized potpourri; more specific and equally well organized models for specific topics are found in Severe and Tropical and Drought/Fire; there is a ton of data and terms that can be searched on just about everything weather (for example, check out Winter), and of course, discussions on storms and such (for example, and not by way of limitation, check out the very engaging materials ForsythSnow put up on our last two named tropical systems).
Enjoy perusing!

Phil

By the way, when uploading images, it would be best for any new images to be named according to what the image actually is. This would prevent any similar appearing images from being confused with one another.

Meanwhile, if you want to go look at the progress that is being made in the 2017 Hurricane season, feel free to go have a look!

The 2017 hurricane season page looked a bit bland, so I drew up some icons for each storm and added them to the stats for now. Tell me if you like them, think they add clutter, or you think there is another use for them! :) I plan on trying to incorporate them into the scorecard to make it easier to read, if they are good.

I'm not getting the password in my email.
Did you put in the right email address, or did you already register in the past, but log out and forgot you registered? I would try a different email if you can, or try to put in a different name.

EDIT - Try to make a name that is all lower case.

@Snowfan , I see where you registered many different usernames. Maybe because you didn't get the e-mail? Either way, I'm going to delete all of the account except "snowfan" and if you need, send you a new password directly? Let me know.

Also to everyone else, I have upgraded the wiki to the newest version. Bug fixes, security updates, etc.

@Snowfan , I see where you registered many different usernames. Maybe because you didn't get the e-mail? Either way, I'm going to delete all of the account except "snowfan" and if you need, send you a new password directly? Let me know.

Also to everyone else, I have upgraded the wiki to the newest version. Bug fixes, security updates, etc.
Do you think you can find a way to find line alignments (Left, Center, Right)? I am trying to make the navigation between storms look a bit better.

Do you think you can find a way to find line alignments (Left, Center, Right)? I am trying to make the navigation between storms look a bit better.
I am not sure what you mean.

Alignment to the left
Alignment to the right​
Alignment to the center​

I can do it here on the forum like this, but it would be useful to have it on the Wiki too in the editor. For some reason it doesn't have it unless I can't find it.

I put a plugin on, but it's kinda janky. When you want to do something aligned whatever way, don't highlight the text and try to align it, just put it within the tags the button applies to the text window.

Back