• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Wiki Suggestions

ForsythSnow

Reaction score
Since the Wiki is an active project, and is a great resource to refer to, what would you like to see in the wiki that isn't there already? Suggestions can be posted here.

I personally would like to see more graphics in the wiki, but don't know what yet.

Since the Wiki is an active project, and is a great resource to refer to, what would you like to see in the wiki that isn't there already? Suggestions can be posted here.

I personally would like to see more graphics in the wiki, but don't know what yet.
I'd also like to know how many members refer to the Wiki and what they are looking for!

And if folks want to contribute - are they "intimidated"?

A lot has gone into Wiki but we want to make it the most user-friendly on the planet!

Folks -

You have a few who are putting hours and much thought into this Wiki.

Suggestions?

Are you using it?

Please advise here.

Please! ;)

I think it's great. I use it everyday . It will be a huge resource when things pick up hopefully we have an active hurricane season. I'm ready for action. I have some suggestions that I'll post this evening

I haven't spend much time in the Wiki but plan to change that in the next few weeks. Hoping there are separate areas for newbies and seasoned mets. I'm still in kindergarten with WX.

I haven't spend much time in the Wiki but plan to change that in the next few weeks. Hoping there are separate areas for newbies and seasoned mets. I'm still in kindergarten with WX.
It's one stop shopping and getting better as time moves on!

Just about any basic info and lots of "technical" stuff, and tons of model access, are all available for your perusal!

Plus, there is a handy search bar at the top right if you want to focus on a specific word or term ... :cool:

Here's an example if you search "oscillation"

Screen_Shot_2017-06-01_at_3.43.05_PM.png

We need a way (a Mod or some auto way) to get new topics in Wiki as topics/threads are created - I can't do it for every thread :( and ForsythSnow is laudably and tirelessly spending his Wiki time improving what's there ;)...

This thread was created - on Wednesday - and I just put it in to the Tropical Discussion of Wiki today - Saturday (http://www.southernwx.com/community/threads/global-model-runs-discussion.196/). I'll try to stay abreast, but preferably someone with a bit more time and flexibility can take charge of getting new threads in Wiki as (simultaneously as) new threads are started (???) :confused:
Volunteer? o_O

Last edited:
As we move in to tropical season, here's an invitation to go to Wiki>Tropical Weather> Tropical Models and spend a little time going through the links, and the links inside the links, to see what suits your particular fancy. A bunch of really good stuff is there, just for you and your individual taste!
Thanks to our staff, BTW ... :cool:

Last edited:
Back