• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc When will your turn the AC on?

Some schools north of Wilkes into south-west VA don’t have AC and will close school if temps approach 90.

Edit to MIne Above:

Actually, my thermostat is a mini-computer; if things get below XYZº, it moves to heat; if it gets above ABCº it goes to A/C on it's own; it also has some sensor that regulates for RH; I think if it gets above 74º it goes to A/C and if I remember correctly it automatically goes to heat if it gets below 64º indoors; of course it has manual override, but I really never use that unless it's 65º indoors and snowing like crazy out (Yeah ...) ... and if it gets cool inside and the heat hasn't kicked on, I've got 2 fireplaces (which keeps the utility bill way down in the 2 weeks of winter ...)

Hey I know some people who just about refuses to run AC because they claim to try to save on their electric bill. I am more then willing to pay a few extra dollars to make sure I am comfortable during the summer month espically after working outside most of the day. ????

Our h/vac stays on 72 year around for heat/air. It’s kicked in a few times since we’ve been in the mid-80s already.

Not yet, came close Thursday evening with the humidity... Heat back on Friday night (Got to love Spring in the South...lol)

Turn the AC on when my wife says the house is too warm..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back