• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Weather Radio - First time in 45 years

Tarheelwx

Reaction score
I’ve had a weather radio for over 45 years. I turned it on a few minutes ago to listen while I was in the shower and it was playing symphony type music. Is anyone else getting this? I live in Colfax NC.
TW

I’ve had a weather radio for over 45 years. I turned it on a few minutes ago to listen while I was in the shower and it was playing symphony type music. Is anyone else getting this? I live in Colfax NC.
TW
Someone may have a frequency linear near you which would drown out any normal transmitting. Had a man with a cb and amp that went through my radio one time.

He just kept talking and I couldnt stop it.

Last edited:
TW
Were you listening to WXL42 (162.400 MHz) broadcasting from Sauratown Mountain? What model radio? The closest classical station in the area is WWFD’s second digital channel, so interference would be unlikely unless there was an issue with the receiver.

Back