• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Mindy

Still another tropical system having significant effects on parts of the SE US. I’m starting to lose count but I think this will make 6 for here for this season to date! One was only an invest but even it packed a punch with very heavy long lasting evening thunderstorms with strong winds and lots of CTG lightning when I was at the beach with some friends for the first time in 2 years .

We already had a thunderstorm here with heavy rain and lots of CTG lightning late this afternoon.

Wow almost looks like a hurricane ?

It is clearly a TS, but it is a very tiny one. Very well formed as Josh said.

With it being so small, I wouldn’t be surprised if it were to weaken pretty quickly.

It is clearly a TS, but it is a very tiny one. Very well formed as Josh said.

With it being so small, I wouldn’t be surprised if it were to weaken pretty quickly.

Yeah the small ones always spin down faster

Yeah the small ones always spin down faster

OTOH, with the fast movement of 20 mph, it won’t be over land that long. Also, the ones that strengthen through landfall tend to hold on to their strength for longer after landfall. So, maybe she’ll surprise us and not weaken much before getting back into the water despite her small size??

OTOH, with the fast movement of 20 mph, it won’t be over land that long. Also, the ones that strengthen through landfall tend to hold on to their strength for longer after landfall. So, maybe she’ll surprise us and not weaken much before getting back into the water despite her small size??

I'm wondering though when she gets offshore does she get sheared by Larry's outflow?

2:00 AM EDT Thu Sep 9
Moving: NE at 20 mph
Min pressure: 1003 mb
Max sustained: 40 mph

Back