• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

King seems to really struggle with TC genesis, weak sauce, unorganized tropical entities. Get a wound up storm and normally euro figures it out within 1 to 3 model cycles. I have no data to suport my statement, just a stereotype ive assigned to it watching models while tracking storms over years.
I agree. We’ve seen it a number of times the last few years. When Michael first formed in 2018, the EURO didn’t ever have it going above TS strength even though all other modeling was screaming that it could be a big one. Laura last year was another that stood out, but with both of those, once the storm got going, it locked in a solution and was very solid

There is some shear from the SW. looked like 15-20kt. That map shows me it should climb the coast of FL (offshore) until maybe big bend area?

How much would that shear effect it since it will be moving N then NE in the same direction as the shear. Shouldn't that lesson the effect of the shear to some degree.

Brad still holding down the fort on little impacts for anyone west of I-95 … I’m surprised how quick will he change his tune? Only time will tell

Brad still holding down the fort on little impacts for anyone west of I-95 … I’m surprised how quick will he change his tune? Only time will tell
I agree with him in terms of wind impacts being confined east of I-95… I think that’s a coastal issue only. However he’s still holding out on very little rainfall west of I-95, and that makes absolutely no sense… even the WPC has 2 inches plus of rainfall now backed up to the very eastern portion of Union, east Stanly, Anson, and Richmond counties… this is the eastern portion of his viewing area.

Looks like the good ole 11th hour NW adjustments are underway. Just how far is the question.
Don't look at the 6z Icon. Still several options on the table, but the far east tracks are looking less likely right now. Hopefully, many of us get a good rainfall.

Even though it’s obviously not a tropical model, I wouldn’t completely count out the NAM3k’s track. The more that trough to the NW slows, the more westerly track this will take inland.

Even though it’s obviously not a tropical model, I wouldn’t completely count out the NAM3k’s track. The more that trough to the NW slows, the more westerly track this will take inland.
While true long range NAM 3km does not have a good track record .. it’s like the long range HRRR .. they can definitely give you clues about the general trend location of rain and stuff

Still elongated lopsided system this morning and it's nice can track it on radar now.

And notice the 5 am advisory has hurricane watches up for big bend of Fl in case it can get it's act together before LF

Back