• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Bonnie

I remember when this storm was gonna be a hurricane in the Gulf ?

Looks like it might happen in the Pacific at this rate...

Based on Satellite presentation, I can see how the models would have over-developed this system. If it had some breathing room to slow and move North in favorable wind shear, this one would be wrapping up into a Major Hurricane. It's a huge, juiced and vigorous vortex that is trying to bundle energy from 925-500Mbs. IDK... This one seems like it would only need a day to ramp up north of Venezuela, so I would only bet that it doesn't hit the Gulf Coast.

Based on Satellite presentation, I can see how the models would have over-developed this system. If it had some breathing room to slow and move North in favorable wind shear, this one would be wrapping up into a Major Hurricane. It's a huge, juiced and vigorous vortex that is trying to bundle energy from 925-500Mbs. IDK... This one seems like it would only need a day to ramp up north of Venezuela, so I would only bet that it doesn't hit the Gulf Coast.

Yeah it's also moving faster than the models said and that's always a bad thing in this area... Can't get it together. The Eastern Caribbean is known as a graveyard for this reason

About 3 days late

..DISTURBANCE BECOMES A TROPICAL STORM...

Data from an Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft indicate
that the disturbance has now become Tropical Storm Bonnie over the
southwestern Caribbean Sea with maximum winds of 40 mph (65 km/h).

Back