• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Beta

NEW READING OF 996MB AND DUE NORTH
View attachment 49036
Very first sentence in the 10pm discussion confirms Beta's center is further northeastward.

An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft investigating Beta
this evening found that the center has re-formed or been tugged
northeastward by bursts of strong convection.

THIS IS MY THINKING AS WELL. IF A HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM DOESNT FORM ON THE SE U.S. SOMEWHERE AROUND NW GA TO WEST TENNESEE AND THE HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE ERODES TO THE EAST OF THIS SYSTEM AND THE ONE TO THE WEST PUSHES EAST SOME MORE THEN THIS WILL HAVE TO CONTINUE ON THE N OR NE TRACK

0z ukmet

Strongest frame sfcwind_mslp.gom.png

Barely doesn't make landfall in TX and then hits LA as a somewhat weaker stormsfcwind_mslp.gom (1).png
0z euro appears to be making landfall in TX at 66 hours

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.gom (13).png

What a crazy year...I have never seen a storm travel the outline a coast of two states. Matthew came close. But wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a crazy year...I have never seen a storm travel the outline a coast of two states. Matthew came close. But wow.

Not to be nit picky but Matthew literally hugged the coast from FL to NC.......so FL, GA, SC, NC all had the center on or right off the coast....we are talking 600-800 miles of coastline....

Not to be nit picky but Matthew literally hugged the coast from FL to NC.......so FL, GA, SC, NC all had the center on or right off the coast....we are talking 600-800 miles of coastline....

I stand corrected.

Back