• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Trumps NOAA Plans

Somebody get that 600 million, and put it towards GFS improvements! That's probably a 1/3 of what's needed to fix that POS, but it would be a start! :)

Mack, you may very well have the best idea!

Hopefully someone with experience will teach Trump that being weather ready greatly effects EVERYTHING he has talked about doing. Especially construction and farming.

What. The. Hell. Making America Great Again should start with being able to hold at least one candle to the Euro modeling.

Hopefully someone with experience will teach Trump that being weather ready greatly effects EVERYTHING he has talked about doing. Especially construction and farming.

What. The. Hell. Making America Great Again should start with being able to hold at least one candle to the Euro modeling.

THIS^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree guys, I'm an avid trump supporter but if he's looking to cut NOAA, he's dead wrong. To me this is one of the most important services offered by the government. If people aren't aware of dangerous weather situations then how could that possibly be a benefit to anyone?

I'll add this, I'm not a pro, or even a hobbyist. I've got the (I forget the name) tornado phobia thing and really, NOAA has let me gain a grasp on weather and thus allowed me to not be freaked out of my mind all the time, that may not be a big deal to some but it is to me, I would gladly pay the $6 a year to keep NOAA running, shoot, I would even pay double.

Without getting in to the arguement about the wisdom of cutting this particular part of the budget, it does highlight why we will never have a balanced budget in this country nor will the 21+ trillion dollar (easy to shortcut and write trillion but this is what it really looks like 21,000,000,000,000) debt go down. People go around complaining about the deficit/debt and how government spending needs to be corraled but "just don't touch any part that affects me please". Everyone or group has a consitituency which will demagogue any cut in one of their favored programs and until we do across the board cuts in all areas (and I don't mean just cuts in the yearly increases) it will not change.

Back