• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Kirk

Oh yeah I see the same thing and this may be the beginning of the end for Kirk.
Cover your eyes as his center is on the verge of going naked. For the first time, I can see the LLC partially peaking out just to the west of the western wall of the high level convective clouds. Anyone else see it? Center looks like it is near 13.8N, 58.9W moving WNW or maybe even NW.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cover your eyes as his center is on the verge of going naked. For the first time, I can see the LLC partially peaking out just to the west of the western wall of the high level convective clouds. Anyone else see it? Center looks like it is near 13.8N, 58.9W moving WNW or maybe even NW.
Despite Kirk starting the process of becoming a naked swirl, the wind field seems to be better on the western side of the storm today.

Yeah the shear is likely going to kill Kirk, there is just a huge area of 30-50kt shear throughout most of the Caribbean. Even if it survives that it would hit land before having a chance to reorganize.

12z Euro has decided that Kirk as a low will move into the western Caribbean. Hmmm, maybe those Canadians have the right idea?

12z Euro has decided that Kirk as a low will move into the western Caribbean. Hmmm, maybe those Canadians have the right idea?

The GEPS' silly love affair with Captain Kirk continues. The new 0Z GEPS has no fewer than 8 of the 21 members hitting FL with a H between 10/4 and 10/11 and at least one hitting every state from TX to NC as well as MX. I counted 12 of the 21 members being a H and they all appear to reform from Kirk remnants. They mainly do that in the W Caribbean although I counted 3 do that just N of Cuba. Meanwhile, GEFS and EPS runs have had very few, if any, CONUS H hits from Kirk.

The GEPS' silly love affair with Captain Kirk continues. The new 0Z GEPS has no fewer than 8 of the 21 members hitting FL with a H between 10/4 and 10/11 and at least one hitting every state from TX to NC as well as MX. I counted 12 of the 21 members being a H and they all appear to reform from Kirk remnants. They mainly do that in the W Caribbean although I counted 3 do that just N of Cuba. Meanwhile, GEFS and EPS runs have had very few, if any, CONUS H hits from Kirk.

Yep....I'm just gonna watch the corner of the western carr on 10/6 and see if anything happens...lol

Back