• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

I’m just gonna sit back on Monday/Tuesday and day drink (again) while you guys west of me like [mention]metwannabe [/mention] get the brunt of this. I’ll be sitting here in KECG with drizzle and a few gale force gusts.

The east side and the northern core of this are gonna get slammed, pretty sure on any of these tracks you get smashed up just fine.....the Euro is the most far west model, and I think HMON may be the further east.....and well it goes right over you lol....so it sure looks like NC gonna take a hit the real question is how far off the coast can he stay on his run up the coast and how strong can he get....

This would be a bit breezy where you are....

hmon_ref_09L_24.png

The east side and the northern core of this are gonna get slammed, pretty sure on any of these tracks you get smashed up just fine.....the Euro is the most far west model, and I think HMON may be the further east.....and well it goes right over you lol....so it sure looks like NC gonna take a hit the real question is how far off the coast can he stay on his run up the coast and how strong can he get....

This would be a bit breezy where you are....

View attachment 45704

Yeah, but we know how these things work out. Never like modeled. If it does get bad, hello USAA.

6z Euro makes landfall near Charleston, SC & slams central NC.

View attachment 45697

View attachment 45698

View attachment 45699
Large swath of 3-6"+ of rain across central NC on this run, higher isolated amounts are almost certainly a guarantee if this came to fruition.

View attachment 45700

I should have planned my trip to the OBX for earlier next week. The way it is trending west with the track it looks like it is going to be worse here than it will be there.

WV loop shows some very minor expansion of outflow on the SW side as it pushes out away from the storm.

I think it is almost time to start wobble watching instead of looking at the 24 hour models here in Florida

I'd take anything that happens south of Jacksonville, FL's latitude with a grain of salt. Even if it's a 40 mph tropical storm at that point, I'd expect some reintensification as it rounds the ridge and starts moving more in the direction of the shear vector with venting from the trough. We've seen these things get much healthier in a matter of hours once they round the ridge.

Take Ernesto 2006 which emerged after traversing Florida as 1002mb / 35kt and by the end of the day was back up to 985mb / 60kts on the classic Cape Fear recurve track.

I'd take anything that happens south of Jacksonville, FL's latitude with a grain of salt. Even if it's a 40 mph tropical storm at that point, I'd expect some reintensification as it rounds the ridge and starts moving more in the direction of the shear vector with venting from the trough. We've seen these things get much healthier in a matter of hours once they round the ridge.

Take Ernesto 2006 which emerged after traversing Florida as 1002mb / 35kt and by the end of the day was back up to 985mb / 60kts on the classic Cape Fear recurve track.

;DISCLAIMER: I am not even suggesting this is going to happen so do not take this as me doing so.

Go look at a satellite loop of Diana 1984. Was literally nothing not even a TS or depression until it formed near Florida made a run at Georgia and turned NE and exploded into a cat 4. Not saying this is even possible here but that it's in an area with bath water running in the gulf stream.

Back