• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Just came back from Dania Beach after that first band moved onshore. 40-60 MPH winds and heavy rain. Everyone saw the band approaching a half mile off the coast and started running for their cars. I stuck around for about 45 minutes. When I left, traffic off the barrier island was backed up at the draw bridge. People are still running along the beach.

Well pathetic or not flash flooding etc not to mention it could restrengthen I think a better choice of words could have been used

Jim Cantore played the pr game a lot better -

“Jim Cantore
@JimCantore
·
34m
#Isaias looks pathetic, but not going to give up on it maybe ramping up again post it’s brush w/Florida and b4 a potential landfall in NC. Shear & dry air are our friends forever when properly injected into tropical systems. Remember we are not in the heart of the season...yet.”

The tracks right on the coast will keep winds down W of the center and the storm will be pretty lopsided ( assuming it makes it through the night lol) and a lot of these wind maps are very generous given the modeled tracks...the Ukie and HMON 12Z tracks are the ones to watch out for at least up NC way for a big widespread wind event....that last 12-24 hrs will be painfully long especially if the storm is doing crazy stuff.....

I know it's the nam but its noticeably east at 45hrs and stronger.

Also seems the center jogged a bit north as if it felt that flare up.

It does have a nice little blow up of convection on north side of the center, but man you can see the tops getting blown off those thunderstorms, especially over Fl. So still dealing with decent shear.

TROPICAL STORM ISAIAS FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 19
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL092020
2100 UTC SAT AUG 01 2020

Still forecast to go back to 75 mph

Guys if you want to poop on mets go to their social media. You never know who actually visits the site. Thanks
Great point, all those post should've been deleted probably.... maybe the members will do the right thing and delete them so I don't have to.

It does have a nice little blow up of convection on north side of the center, but man you can see the tops getting blown off those thunderstorms, especially over Fl. So still dealing with decent shear.

Flare up still holding on and we need it to expand or wrap some. Had to tell but looks slightly more NNW last couple frames.

Back